[MOD] Mothballing

darkconsole

ABOUT

mothball

/ˈmôTHˌbôl/

stop using (a piece of equipment or a building) but keep it in good condition so that it can readily be used again.

This mod will allow you to mothball a ship, or, keep it from blowing up without having to maintain a full mechanic workforce on it. There are multiple reasons you may want to do this, but the main one is that the ship is just costing you too much to maintain in active duty, and you dont want to abandon it in an unused sector or destroy it. You cant even trust the empty sector trick on a multiplayer server anyway as nothing is stopping other players from keeping it awake.

With this mod you can keep the pride of your fleet around for fraction of the cost of its full crew.

SERVER ADMINS

See the mod's main Github page for information about the configuration options you can tweak.

WHAT IT DOES

When you park a ship and remove its crew it will slowly die. When mothballed, you only need to have 25% of the normal mechanic force on board. That will stop the ships health from falling below 25%. If you need to keep it closer to battle ready then you can keep 69% and it will not fall below 69%, etc.

NOTE: Parts of your ship literally just start fucking exploding for no reason at 26%, so remember that when building your skeleton crew.

4zG9ZcS.jpg

To put the ship you are currently controlling in mothballs use the chat command

[b]/mothballs on[/b]

. A moment later you will see the message if you didn't fail at the installation.

qp9sXzS.png

To pull a ship out of mothballs use the chat command

[b]/mothballs off[/b]

JjvF86t.png

AWESOME!

however can you remove the whole mothballed command thing and just make it so the ship never falls below the mechanic %?

I really feel that its a bug that it dose so in the first place! I have had ships with 78% mechanics on it and had to fully repair it for tons of money and resources because I was almost dead while I search for more mechanics. In my mind it was total BS lol.

This would also mean that clients don't have to DL either. 

Dein Schiff wird nicht komplett zerstört, falls du zu wenig Mechaniker an Bord hast, sondern hat als minimale Lebenspunkte die prozentuale Mechanikeranzahl. Also wenn du 20/100 Mechanikern hast, sinkt das leben nicht unter 20%

Hinweiß: Teile des Schiffes explodieren, falls weniger als 26% Mechaniker an Bord sind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This mod has been updated to use the mod folders and with fixes needed when Avorion changed to UUIDs internally.

* Command has changed to just /mothball [on|off] (the s has been dropped)

* After installing, copy mods/DccMothballing/ConfigDefault.lua to Config.lua. This way the mod can be updated without blowing away your settings in the future.

• 11 months later...