Is it just me or are gyros useless?

Sable Phoenix

Since the latest updates, the only thing they affect is roll speed.

Big whoop.

Roll speed is the least important of the turning speeds.  Unless I'm just missing something incredibly obvious, I don't see how gyros are at all useful any more.  They're certainly not worth their cost in mass and volume, no matter how small it might be.

And that would be the incredibly "obvious part" I mentioned.  I didn't realize they were now directional.

Hahaha :) Here's another hint, when you put them inside your ship, they will all look the same, so paint them. Red/Green/Blue so you know what the hell each one is.

Yeah, with the latest patch you could rotate block, and i though lets try to rotate the engine block to break.

Boomer, block rotate, but engine still blow backwards.

They should completly remove thruster and let engine blocks blow at different direction then backwards.

Yeah, with the latest patch you could rotate block, and i though lets try to rotate the engine block to break.

Boomer, block rotate, but engine still blow backwards.

They should completly remove thruster and let engine blocks blow at different direction then backwards.

Problem is that that's not how the flight mechanics are coded in the game, so that would cause all sorts of issues :) But yes I agree, we should be able to plop an engine on the front for fast braking.