Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[r7847] CTD / Lag issue redux

Doc Savage NDMF

Lag issues compared to [r7844]:

-Initial lag issues much better with regard to salvage and mining, lag increased over time to where larger asteroids/ships were again lying about parts that were actually gone.

-First wave of pirates snapped in without any lag. Second alien group minor lag and subsequent groups with increased lag.

-Ship builder lag felt the same. Single vertical oriented blocks were OK, but groups, mirrored anything and horizontal blocks not so much. As a build session got past a minute or two I was waiting 2-3 seconds for a block I placed to appear before I could continue with simple 2x2x2 squares. Copy/Paste anything lagged a lot, especially if more than one block or mirroring was involved.

-I found a sector with a bunch of containers and was working through them when the game had a hiccup and then went down for the count.

-Space bar worked good at first but decayed over time.

New for [r7847]:

-Ship repair from the build screen no longer functions properly. I got a wait 25 seconds to repair counter, but it never went down. Warped to the next sector and it was 20 seconds, but again wouldn't go down. 3rd sector was 10 seconds and again, no countdown. I eventually had to go to a repair station, all of this for one single block...

-Gradual increase in stutter and lag over time in all above mentioned areas.

3570K, Evo 850 SSD, 16 gb RAM and an Nvidia 980.

There is no client or server log for this session... Is there another place I can look or another file that can be used for info..?

Cheers..!

New beta helps with smaller ships and asteroids and is less glitchy.

Large Asteroids and large Salvage stations/ships still suffer from parts not disappearing. Auto target doesn't suffer as much as Manuel holding the button down. Holding the button for too long exacerbates the issue. On a small ship Manuel can make parts disappear no problem, but on the big stuff he's still mining air and salvaging dust much of the time until he notices the circles are blue and the beams are causing as much work to be done as shining a flashlight at it.

I went nuts and made as much debris as possible in many a sector before leaving trying to duplicate the previous CTD. I could not. The game stumbled at times, but recovered. After a light sector or two it was fine.

Aliens tend to lag on arrival more than pirates, at least that was the perception after many, many hours. Some of the Alien entries really ground the FPS to a veritable halt. At least I knew who was coming to dinner without having to look...

Ship building is still quite laggy. I had to slow way down and do things in small chunks while upgrading my weaponized brick today. No crashes or lost parts though.

The space bar lagged after heavy sector action, but was better most times after a quick breeze through with out interacting with the locals much. Most times... I really wish this was consistent. At times it was one touch, others were 3 or 4 and then the "you don't have a sector selected" on screen once I popped in the new place. You can hear the sounds kick in, and it used to be you were good to go once you did. Now, that's just a sign that stuff is happening behind the curtain but you can't go in and see it yet.

Overall 7851 was a nice build, quite stable.

Attaching both logs from today just in case.

Cheers..!

clientlog_2017-03-28_10-21-14r7847.txt

clientlog_2017-03-28_05-31-39r7851.txt