[MOD] Asteroid Respawner

darkconsole

About.

URL: https://github.com/darkconsole/avorion-asteroid-respawn

This mod will respawn asteroids after some time has passed. It works best on multiplayer servers since they are constantly running - time does not pass in Single Player games while not playing. By default this will make the asteroids respawn between 10-14 real life hours from the time they were mined out. It uses the game's balance mechanics to choose a mineral that makes sense for that sector, so you will never see Avorion spawn where it should not.

This mod DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY make all asteroids respawn. You must first attach it to a sector if you want that sector to have the ability. This requires you have the

/run

permission on the server or for you to ask a server moderator to come in and do it for you. You must attach the script to the sector BEFORE you mine it dry, it will not magically make asteroids you already mined come back from the dead. I think it will stay this way to help server admins not completely kill their server with a million scripts.

Instructions on how to install, change the delay time, and delay randomization, on the mod's main page.

Note, don't set Drift to be larger than Timer that would be stupid.

CLIENTS MUST HAVE THIS MOD INSTALLED (OR A BLANK FILE NAMED THE SAME) OR ELSE THEY WILL GET STUCK ON THE "LOADING..." SCREEN WHEN ENTERING A RESPAWNING SECTOR BECAUSE LOL I GUESS.

Activation Process.

1) Find a sector you are like "wow this would be great if it respawned, its so close to my home or whatever"

2a)

/run Sector():addScript("dcc-asteroid-respawn")

2b) Then if you pull down the console you will then see how many asteroids it noticed have minerals.

3) Mine crap.

4) Profit after whatever you have the delay set to. ~12hr by default.

Here is a video that shows how it works when the delay is disabled. Which would be silly.

• 1 year later...