Loading single player on Galaxy crashes game [Solved]

Tuttomenui

Had this error preventing me from loading my single player galaxy since February and none of the beta builds would fix it. Deleting the ini files in the %appdata%\Avorion folder also will not fix my issue.

http://pastebin.com/XEWA4KmJ client log.

http://pastebin.com/B0R71h9p server log.

bugged galaxy http://www.filedropper.com/tuttomenui

This is a client crash a lot like crashes I have seen others have where cmd prompts come up and go away like 10 times.

I created another galaxy and the new galaxy works just fine.

I am running Windows 10, AMD FX 8320 CPU, Radeon R9 280 GPU

Tried to load the Galaxy again after March 28th patch. It hangs at loading screen for a long time and hitting escape causes a crash to desktop but no cmd prompts or 'addr2line' entries.

https://pastebin.com/NvL8R8W4 Client Log.

https://pastebin.com/cLGubyVr  Server Log.

Second attempt this time i pressed space bar a few times and enter with no result and it finally just crashed to desktop on its own.

https://pastebin.com/HHYcJTak Client Log.

https://pastebin.com/ygaAG2fb Server Log.

Uninstalled Avorion and tried again. Still unable to load into this galaxy. It starts loading the galaxy and does a transition to a second tip and hangs for a couple minutes on the loading then crashes to desktop.

Changed thread name as this issue is something beyond the 'addr2line' issue that has since stopped being included in logs.

Client Log: https://pastebin.com/XRpsV1pw

Server Log: https://pastebin.com/GhXUPBND

In this galaxy I have a lot of inventory Items as well as ~800k of each mineral up to trinium. Loading issue could be an issue with the inventory amount that is probably over 2,000 items. I do recall it being slower to sell items when you have a lot of them, very laggy. Where as when you have very few it completes quite quickly.

If you start your server standalone, you can run commands from the console.

Make a backup before running this (obviously).

(Edit: Default location: %APPDATA%\Avorion) but I think you'd already found that one since you posted the galaxy :)

This is the command I use to start a galaxy:

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name dedicated_server --server-name "Splutty's Server" --datapath g:\games\avorion\servers --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1

galaxy_name should be the name of your single player galaxy, datapath you probably don't need if you have it saved in default, server-name is what shows up when you search for it.

This script will remove ALL items from your ship's inventory that are blue or lower quality:

/run player=Player(1); inv = player:getInventory(); inventory = inv:getItems(); for k,v in pairs(inventory) do i = inventory[k].item; r = i.rarity.value; if (r < 3) then inv:removeAll(k) end end

The 1 in Player(1) is the number of your playerfile. Which if it's single player, should be 1 :) But you can check in your galaxy's 'players' directory.

I take no responsibility for you completely destroying your galaxy, blowing up the ship's cat, or getting lost in a Hawking Hole.

This helped for me when I had 4300+ unique items in my ship's inventory, and I couldn't load in anymore.

Splutty thank you. Some of that is confusing me though. The galaxy name is easy and the player is player_1 in the players folder and only one there =) so I use player(1).

The server name is confusing, not sure where to get that, would it just be the same as my galaxy name in my case? Found the server name it is in the server log =) it is Tuttomenui's Server.

And the datapath I don't know what you mean by saved in default. Default location? Like where steam puts it?

My install location is D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion but there isn't much in that folder. Seem smost of the stuff is in the %appdata% folder.

Would I just leave out the --datapath g:\games\avorion\servers portion of the code in the case where it is default?

Also I am assuming the code for starting the galaxy is used in the steam Avorion options 'Set launch options' once I figure out what I need to modify in the code.

If you have all the stuff in the appdata path, make a backup of that galaxy.

Your server name is as far as I know mostly cosmetic, but doesn't really matter.

When you start the server from the commandline like that (from the Avorion steam directory), then you can paste the command into the window it started from. You can directly give it console commands basically.

You don't even have to log on or start a client for that.

Yeah sorry you didn't really answer my question/s. This shits confusing. I've never done anything like this so I would need specific and detailed instructions.

I followed my assumption and tried using the "Set Launch Options" and used

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name Tuttomenui --server-name "Tuttomenui's Server" --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1 

unsure what to use foe the datapath. It doesn't do anything. And I don't know what to put for the datapath.

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name Tuttomenui --server-name "Tuttomenui's Server" --datapath %APPDATA%\Avorion --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1

also does not work.

Yeah sorry you didn't really answer my question/s. This shits confusing. I've never done anything like this so I would need specific and detailed instructions.

I followed my assumption and tried using the "Set Launch Options" and used

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name Tuttomenui --server-name "Tuttomenui's Server" --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1 

unsure what to use foe the datapath. It doesn't do anything. And I don't know what to put for the datapath.

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name Tuttomenui --server-name "Tuttomenui's Server" --datapath %APPDATA%\Avorion --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1

also does not work.

You need to run the server from a dos window :) The galaxy-name is what the single player galaxy is called. If you called your single player game "Tuttomenui" then that's correct.

This should be shown in %APPDATA%\Avorion\galaxies by default. If it's there, you don't need to do anything with your datapath.

Make a backup of your galaxy! So the folder in that galaxies folder that contains your galaxy.

To run the server, open a command prompt, and navigate to where your avorion install is, steamapps\common\avorion in the steam install directory, generally.

Then run the command, and it should start up the server. If the server is started up, you can give it commands through that same command prompt.

Here's how that looks for me:

G:\Games\avorion>bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name dedicated_server --server-name "Splutty's Server" --datapath g:\games\avorion\servers --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1
Installed exception handler: 8289776
Previous: 8788560
Enabled Traces:
Avorion server Beta 0.11 r7854 running on Windows 7 starting up in "g:\games\avorion\servers\dedicated_server"
CPU: GenuineIntel 8 Cores
name: Splutty's Server
seed: IhvEDkJ7q4
port: 27000
max online players: 10
save interval: 300
broadcast interval: 5
max loaded sector time: 300
weak update: yes
worker threads: 8
generator threads: 2
difficulty: Normal
infiniteResources: no
collision: 0.25
access list: Blacklist
public: yes
authentication: no
listed: no
steam networking: yes
administrators: 'splutty'
Initializing sector database...
Initializing faction database...
Starting up 8 worker threads...
Loading jumping entities...
Loaded 37 jumping entities.
Loading groups...
Galaxy initialized.
Listed server version: 0.11.0.7854
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 445220
Game Port: 27000
Steam Port: 27021
Steam Query Port: 27020
Query Port: 27003

Installed Steam exception handler
Server startup complete.
Server connected to Steam successfully
Server is not VAC Secure!
Game Server Steam ID: 90107949051602946

At that point I can type commands into that window, like /status for example, which for me gives the following output:

/status
0 players online, in 0 sectors
0 players in memory, 7 registered
2 factions in memory, 332 registered
0 sectors in memory, 2898 sectors in total
Memory used by scripts: 4.85MB
avg. server load: : 0.2%
avg. update: : 0 ms
max. update: : 3 ms
min. update: : 0 ms
Printed profiling stats to "G:\Games\avorion\profiling_stats.txt"
Profiling is disabled, no sector profiling stats printed. Enable profiling in server.ini.

And to check your player type the following command:

/run print(Player(1).name)

If all that works, then you can start running commands on your galaxy instance.

You can save and stop the server with:

/save
/stop

I hope this can get you started.

Logging in to this server, you can start your client and go to 'Join LAN', which should list this server if it's running.

OK I understand now. I'll give that a try. Thank you again.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>D:

D:\>cd Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion>bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name Tuttomenui --server-name "Tuttomenui's Server" --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1
Previous: 8788672
Enabled Traces:
Avorion server Beta 0.11 r7857 running on Windows 8.1+ starting up in "C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\Tuttomenui"
CPU: AuthenticAMD 8 Cores
name: Tuttomenui's Server
seed: EYhBReqDbL
save interval: 600
worker threads: 7
difficulty: Normal
collision: 0.5
public: no
administrators: 'admin'
Starting up 7 worker threads...
Loaded 18 jumping entities.
Loading groups...
Galaxy initialized.
Listed server version: 0.11.0.7857
SteamGameServer_Init call failed
Error starting steam-based networking. Falling back to standard TCP/UDP protocols.
The server will not be authenticated via Steam and won't show up in public server lists.
Server startup complete.

That is my second try same result as first but this time I used cmd with admin, the player name check failed the first time but on this try It worked.

Steam wont launch the client while the server is running in cmd. I'll try to start it from the install directory maybe. nope. Silly me I forgot to make sure garbage wasn't in that 'set launch option..' setting in steam.

Before I figured this out I decided to just go for it and run the command to remove the inventory items. Then still had the issue with the server stopped, So I had steam check file integrity then removed the garbage launch options and it worked. Loaded my galaxy and got it to work.

Thank you so much for your help. 

Thanks a ton for this, I've been having no end to troubles loading my saves and this got me loaded and in on the first try. I feel like it's early for me to say it's a total success as I would randomly get in before, but this removed the items specified and I'm playing so I'm happy with it.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, when this happened to me too, I found this thread, but when I tried the solution given:

C:\Users\Pat20>D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name Eden --server-name "Eden" --max-players 10 --use-steam-networking 1
Previous: 8788672
Enabled Traces:
Avorion server Beta 0.11 r7857 running on Windows 8.1+ starting up in "C:\Users\Pat20\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\Eden"
CPU: AuthenticAMD 8 Cores
name: Eden
seed: jHjhRUhINf
save interval: 600
worker threads: 7
difficulty: Beginner
collision: 0.25
public: no
administrators: 'admin'
could not load script '""':

[string "..."]:4: module 'factionsmap' not found:
        no field package.preload['factionsmap']
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\lua\factionsmap.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\lua\factionsmap\init.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\factionsmap.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\factionsmap\init.lua'
        no file '.\factionsmap.lua'
        no file 'data/scripts/lib/factionsmap.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\factionsmap.dll'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\loadall.dll'
        no file '.\factionsmap.dll'
Setting script "" to invalid.

[string "..."]:4: module 'passagemap' not found:
        no field package.preload['passagemap']
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\lua\passagemap.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\lua\passagemap\init.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\passagemap.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\passagemap\init.lua'
        no file '.\passagemap.lua'
        no file 'data/scripts/lib/passagemap.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\passagemap.dll'
        no file '.\passagemap.dll'
Starting up 7 worker threads...

[string "..."]:4: module 'sectorspecifics' not found:
        no field package.preload['sectorspecifics']
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\lua\sectorspecifics.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\lua\sectorspecifics\init.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\sectorspecifics.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\sectorspecifics\init.lua'
        no file '.\sectorspecifics.lua'
        no file 'data/scripts/sectorspecifics.lua'
        no file 'D:\GameClients\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin\sectorspecifics.dll'
        no file '.\sectorspecifics.dll'
An exception occurred: Script 'data/scripts/sector/sector.lua' not found. Tried the following paths:
data/scripts/sector/data/scripts/sector/sector.lua
data/scripts/sector/data/scripts/sector/sector.lua.lua
data/scripts/sectordata/scripts/sector/sector.lua
data/scripts/sectordata/scripts/sector/sector.lua.lua
data/scripts/events/data/scripts/sector/sector.lua
data/scripts/events/data/scripts/sector/sector.lua.lua
data/scripts/eventsdata/scripts/sector/sector.lua
data/scripts/eventsdata/scripts/sector/sector.lua.lua
data/scripts/sector/sector.lua
data/scripts/sector/sector.lua.lua
data/scripts/data/scripts/sector/sector.lua
data/scripts/data/scripts/sector/sector.lua.lua
data/scriptsdata/scripts/sector/sector.lua
data/scriptsdata/scripts/sector/sector.lua.lua

Needless to say, it didn't work. It could not find the files required to run a dedicated server using my SP galaxy, even though they are where they should be.

I'd appreciate the help.