Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] Regenerative Asteroid Fields [Update 1.5.2]

Dirtyredz

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i dont know if it still up to date but nothing seams to happen :/  i have put all files in the right place and did not have a ''mod'' folder before so i dont know if it could be the problem?

Having a mod fold is dependent on having specific mods installed or not, default Avorion has no mods folder.

if the mod is installed properly the galaxy will randomly spawn regenerative sectors. ( you wont notice anything until you explore)

Alternatively you can verify the mod is working if you have permissions to the commands and can use /regen [start/stop/now/set] while watching the console interface in game (') key usually opens it.

If you are receiving errors or the commands are not working then we will need to diagnose whats going on.

Thanks for your fast reply , so i took a screen shot  of what happen it seams like there is an error  Z6Y4Jb0

https://ibb.co/Z6Y4Jb0

1.5.2 update

https://github.com/dirtyredz/Regenerative-Asteroids/releases/download/v1.5.2/Regenerative-Asteroids-v1.5.2.zip

--Fixes bad print command

What i get for changing something after ive finished my tests......

Wow awesome man :D it work ! you sould update your donation link it give me : page not  found, when click it :P

Ah yeah ive been busy, im actuall;y updating the whole website.

if you navigate to dirtyredz.com then use the links to get to the donate page it will work

My only question is does the sector regenerate when commanding ships to enter the sector via the galaxy map.

I have not tested this since that feature came out.

I'm guessing it doesn't since the code is dependent on a "player" entering the sector. ( I have yet to look if the new patch makes that distinction )

Only question is how would you test this ?!? once you the player enter to check the sector would regenerate.

If anyone has any idea's on this let me know thanks.

The only way I can think of is to mine out all the resource roids in a sector, then leave (taking all your ships with you), then send your miners back and tell them to mine. If they get anything then it should be working that way.

The only obvious answer I can see really.

Is there a way to clear out all roid ?  because a got some sector with more than 2500 roid and its a bit laggy.

are they all non-minable roids?

the configs default to a maximum of 1500 non-minable asteroids in a sector.

Assuming the 2500 roids in one sector is a combination of the minable and non-minable I would set the 1500 config option lower to maybe 750

then force regen the sector with "/regen now" this will regenerate the minable and delete any non-minable  until that 750 number is reached.

I could look into adding other commands to deal specificaly with non-minable asteroids.  thoughts?

perhaps making expanding the mod to a general asteroid toolkit ?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you know what would be nice is if we could take this scrip and put it into a space station that you can found and upgrade with money parts and ore and then use this scrip to spawn asteroids around that station and have miners go around mining them in that sector but the cost would have to be very high and also you would need to find the ore first

If I understand the OP of the mod correctly, this allows resource asteroids to respawn when entering a sector, correct?

Based on the dev reply in the below linked thread, is this even needed anymore?  Or am I misunderstanding something?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/445220/discussions/0/3211505894133543844/

Asteroids DO respawn. But the message has to be from a mod. We don't show any messages that asteroids respawned.