Explicit "These blocks work even when covered" in thruster description

AstroOwl

Suggestion

Just that, tell the player explicitly that thrusters are supposed to work even internally to not to spoil exterior looks. Minor thing.

Looked around a bit on steam discussions, forum, Reddit and more than a few times i saw people complaining about "i need to cover my entire ship with ugly thrusters to turn!"

Apart from some people perceiving ridiculously good maneuverability as "just decent", it seems that some people just don't get the fact that thrusters are not supposed to "cover" ship unless player decided so for aesthetic reasons.

Of course, some people just don't want to think and learn whatsoever no matter what they are told, but... clarification is probably a good thing.

Dunno, though, such an explicit statement might be immersion-braking, so i'm not entirely sure.

6 answers to this suggestion

Alternatively, make them not work when covered, and give them a solid 400% strength buff.

Don't really think this is going to happen, since that would be a problem for some sci-fi replicas, and overall, limit the freedom of how ship should look too much.

Ah, fair enough. Although at least we have inertial dampeners and gyros which can be buried in the hull to maintain appearance so it could happen, it wouldn't really change much except ships that have no business strafing in the first place can no longer strafe. But yes you do make a fair point.

Unfortunately true for a substantial portion of both communities.  :-\ perhaps the solution could be to add torsional forces which get exponentially stronger with size and mass, eventually leading to you flinging yourself apart if you try to do a 180 in half a second - despite weighing more than a small moon - in a blatant attempt to ignore physics.

Unfortunately true for a substantial portion of both communities.  :-\ perhaps the solution could be to add torsional forces which get exponentially stronger with size and mass, eventually leading to you flinging yourself apart if you try to do a 180 in half a second - despite weighing more than a small moon - in a blatant attempt to ignore physics.

Hahaha :) I find with the last patch that things are much more balanced. Larger ships aren't going to be very fast anymore, unless you devote all their volume to generators, gyros and thrusters.

Hmmm. Gyros.. Now I'm hungry.