Dedicated Server problem

Weye

running a dedicated server using the server.bat file located in the game directory works, as In people can connect. But there is a message that worries me and I cant find anything anywhere on how to fix it. If someone else has and I didn't look hard enough please point me to it.

I get SteamGameServer_Init call failed

Error starting steam-based networking. Falling back to standard TCP/UDP protocols

when I start my server, near the end.

Steam is running and I have internet and all required ports open. Is this bad? Do I even need to fix it? it says they are unsafe

• 2 weeks later...

I was having that issue also until I stumbled across This Post...

if you want your server to be listed in steam, please use the dedicated server tool. Here you find a tutorial on how to set it up:

http://avorion.gamepedia.com/Setting_up_a_server

I was running the server from the Install folder too and started getting that error. Found that post and gave it a try and it works great, no more problems. You also have to make sure that all the required ports are open. I was missing this part and the SteamCMD.

554a5a53f22f4bd395357dd35b39624b.png

• 2 weeks later...

I thought steam cmd just download the files.

But we got already all files needed for server from standard steam.

So whats the remaining difference?

There are more threads about this Problem (sort by topic #):

EDIT 2020 - FINALLY FIXED

The problem stayed until I refreshed my whole Windows (keeping options and programs) because of some weirdness with other programs.

The weirdness happened again after I reinstalled the latest Killer driver package including the control panel.

After this I uninstalled all drivers of my Killer E2200 with the Killer Uninstaller tool.

AND use uninstall device including delete all drivers by Windows Device Manager

AND then choose to use the latest generic Killer INF drivers file manually in Windows Device Manager.

After all of this I can now use steam networking.

Device: Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version: 9.0.0.49, Driver Date: 2018·09·20