Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Issues with single player / multiplayer server freezes

Bishop22

Sorry if this has been mentioned before,

In single player, I build a huge ship, decide I don't like a certain section, select all, mass delete hundreds of blocks.

The the game freezes.

I wait a while so that just in case maybe my computer is being derpy and needs a few to proces and recover, but doesn't.

Window opens, Process has stopped working, do I want to wait or close.

Since then, I've stuck to small edits, deleting maybe 1-2 dozen blocks at a time. And I've had no issues.

But, now I'm on a multiplayer server, and randomly the server will just up and freeze similar to how my single player would freeze.

Is it possible that the server is freezing because someone has attempted to big of an edit to their ship?

I guess at the same time, several of us had shifted in to the center core of the map, maybe several of us getting in to the center has somehow sparked all the freezing?

I've had this same issue (see my Whoops thread...), but as far as I could tell it never affected the server.

The easy way to fix this is to disable safe mode, then delete a block that a lot of other blocks are depending on and it'll all pop. Much much faster than select/delete.