ship disigns

weedworm31

Suggestion

i think one thing that would make a great addition to the game would be standardized ship designs for each faction and instead of style 1,2,3 and seeds for the random shipyard ships make them use the standard designs for that faction that owns the shipyard. and yes it would be a lot of workload to make unique ships for each class frigate,corvette etc for each faction. but im sure that most of the shipbuilders in the community myself included would be more than happy to build ship sets for no more reward than getting to see them implemented into a game we love.

4 answers to this suggestion

No thank you. This idea goes against the entire premise of a game with randomly designed factions. I wouldn't mind the odd standard xsotan ship mixed in with the random ones, but beyond that, no thanks. The combat would eventually get dull fighting the same copy pasted zergling tier enemies over and over, a problem which the current system does not have to nearly the same extent.

Actually this feature is somewhat planned.  I remember reading something about being able to download faction packs in the future.  You can use these packs to seed the galaxy.  If you seed a galaxy with just faction packs and turn off random spawn you should only see those premade designs.  At least that's how I think it is going to work.  Wait and see.