More Space Deco and Small Changes

Proxy

Suggestion

Some Systems got Rock Planets sometimes even with Rings in the Background.

And they make me feel small and worthless as intended, but why Stop there?

why not Gas Giants with Moons, other Types of Stars, Binary Systems, Nebulars, Super Nova Remains, etc.?

I mean sure, we wouldn't be able to Interact with most of them, because they are background Rendered,

(well maybe Except for the Nebular... it could have some effects, like Lightings), But it could Still serve for a bit of Variation in Sectors.

Now i know this might not have the Highest Priority.

but seeing the same G Type Star and Background gets Boring after 250+ Sectors.

Second part.

Some Small Changes could include things like:

- Making it possible to actually Tab out of the Game in Fullscreen without Complex strategies... It can't be that hard guys

- an Actual "Ping" on the Map that Spreads from the Player in a Circle and Energy/Mass Signatures Bling up when the ping hits them. (Complex way to say, make the Appearing of Energy/mass Signatures more Ordered, it looks nicer and would make Naviation a bit easier with a Visible Scanner Wave... or "Ping")

- Small Reward of Ore for Destroying an Entire Ore Asteroid. (amount based on Efficency of the Mining Tool used) Just as a little neat Feature for sitting for hours Mining.

- Scanner for Finding Sertain things in Unexplored Sectors, like a Shop Type, Ore, etc. (Because we all know that searching for a Specific kind of Shop is annoying)

Any More?

I think this is all i got for now.

I Hope it was Understandable.

6 answers to this suggestion

I agree, it can get rather bland looking, despite the diversity of space.

The same few planets, but some with rings and some not. I did see some with rings that cut right through the sector and it was unexpected, and it was cool! But other than that, there wasn't much aesthetic stuff to note.

On top of cool looking stationary objects, it would be cool to see some moving ones, such as comets moving slowly across the cosmos.

The background is just noise right now. Imho it would be far more interesting if the expanded backgrounds you suggest had meaning beyond being a pretty picture. Some examples:

planets with belts: asteroids shift and regenerate, since there is a whole ring of asteroids and you're only located near a small part of it

pulsar star: the intense magnetic fields stop shields from working.

dust fields (aka "foggy sectors"): lasers, tesla, lightning, and plasma weapons (aka energy weapons) are severely degraded due to attenuation through the dust

nebula storm: every so often the nebula lights up and everyone is zapped for damage. Probably destroy all launched fighters.

etc.

I could come up with a bunch of special sector ideas like this.

That makes us 2 then.

Sadly, Coming up with ideas is easier than actually Implementing them.

also, Breath of the Wild gave me Huge Respect for Lightings.

if done Realisticlly, a Lighting bolt would Simply Fry your Crew and Melt a Hole in your Ship in nearly an Instant.