Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD][OPW] Overpowered Weaponry

Laserzwei

This mod is not up to date anymore.

For an up to date weapon modification example look here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1682482035

armed

/laser:

hxArdwm.png

/railgun:

VmubFQY.png

They come with 50% shield pen. They sometimes don't do damage to targets- reason unknown.

/rockets:

S69n6Si.png

The reach of the rockets is displayed wrong. Their reach depends on velocity times lifetime and has a grand total of 30km at 15sec. Lifetime.

/chaingun:

BKGKNlw.png

The perfect anti-fighter weapon- or whatever else is in its way :D

Unarmed

/mining:

j2gRTtI.png

digs out 2x the displayed amount of Ore!

/salvaging:

MzSFvaM.png

salvages 2x the worth of an component!

/cheat  gives easy access to:

Entity():addScript("data/scripts/lib/entitydbg.lua")

I used Ohm/DPS for displaying the stats.

The Bonus Effects are randomly applied.

The reasons behind this mod are threefolded:

1) Server admins might want to have such OP wepons.

2) I needed weaponry to easily test the destruction of strong enemies.

3) Showing how to mod weapons for other modders.

installation:

The mod consists only of commands.

Therefore all scripts belong into /Avorion/data/scripts/commands/. By default they are only availabe to admins(or the player of an singleplayergame)

Version history

-added /cheat

--

-release

License

Public Domain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why shouldn you coustemize them? you can even open the commands with editor and there you can change the numbers or Materials of the weapon which you would like.

sry bad eng

You can't:

• Select some of the bonus stats (extra shield/hull damage, etc.) (A lot of them are overrode by the stats enforced by the script, but some aren't)
  • Select the model used (i.e. how many barrels, the type of barrel and how they're arranged)

I have however found a way to force synchronized shooting for multi-barrel turrets (or force it off to increase RoF) by adding this line:

turret.simultaneousShooting = true

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is cool.

Question. Is there any reason you couldn't add additional weapons? Plasma weapons, cannons, bolter, lightning, tesla, etc?

This mod is a proof-of-concept to show modders, what and how to do weapon modding. It's quite dated (from March 2017!) and will be deprecated in 0.21[current Beta], where the weapon API has changed. For now it still works with 0.20.

I may pick it back up, when the Modding-Workshop-Update (either 0.22 or 0.23) will hit

Bahhh! Great! I spent about 14 hours yesterday looking at all that code!

I have now figured out how to generate any type of customized turret which is cool. I was going to work on fighters and torpedos as well.

HUGE learning curve for me, but fun stuff.

P.S. Your mods are awesome. Thanks.

Laserzwei - Can I ask you a fragen?

I'm trying to figure out how to generate a custom coaxial weapon. Like I said in the prior post, I have pretty much figured out how to generate any type of custom turret. From I can tell, a coaxial weapon is pretty much a "toggle" (either true or false) and of course there are damage adjustments, etc.

But I can't figure out how to "toggle" on the coaxial weapon.

My coding background basically consists of writing games in BASIC back in high school (errr, 30+ years ago) so this is all a bit over my head, but fun to try to figure out.

Laserzwei - Can I ask you a fragen?

I'm trying to figure out how to generate a custom coaxial weapon. Like I said in the prior post, I have pretty much figured out how to generate any type of custom turret. From I can tell, a coaxial weapon is pretty much a "toggle" (either true or false) and of course there are damage adjustments, etc.

But I can't figure out how to "toggle" on the coaxial weapon.

My coding background basically consists of writing games in BASIC back in high school (errr, 30+ years ago) so this is all a bit over my head, but fun to try to figure out.

Actually, I think I figured it out!!!

But now the next question -- how to customize torpedos??????

• 4 weeks later...

This is cool.

Question. Is there any reason you couldn't add additional weapons? Plasma weapons, cannons, bolter, lightning, tesla, etc?

This mod is a proof-of-concept to show modders, what and how to do weapon modding. It's quite dated (from March 2017!) and will be deprecated in 0.21[current Beta], where the weapon API has changed. For now it still works with 0.20.

I may pick it back up, when the Modding-Workshop-Update (either 0.22 or 0.23) will hit

So would this not work anymore? I'm just trying to learn enough to make my own custom weapons. I've had a bit of success but did read about some changes with the API. Honestly, I can't figure out what those changes are (because there's no sample mods for me to look through).