Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Dedicated server crash?

Cralis

I run a dedicated Avorion server on my beastly machine and then run the game to play on the server, so my family can play over the LAN.

I decided to do a creative singleplayer game so I could build some ship designs to determine resource costs and save the designs for later building. When I entered the game, it logged me on to the dedicated server. I left the game, came back, and the second time I exited the server-instead-of-singleplayer it crashed the client AND the server.

Worse, it corrupted the server's data files. Unfortunately I restored the directory from backup before thinking that I should check for logs.

I have not tried to replicate this as my players were pretty vocal in their dissent on further interruptions. If I get a chance I'll do it again to see if it happens and I can capture some logs.

Also, my daughter was playing around with the dedicated server and discovered you can delete the dedicated server world from the client while the dedicated server is running. I'm guessing that is also a bug...