Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Captains - Make them interesting!

Eurgiga

Suggestion

I feel Captains have unexplored potential.

Would it be possible to treat Captains more like "heroes", where each Captain is unique? Having their own stats, personalities and so forth would be far more interesting than "Here is a captain for your spaceship". I'm sure other ideas like upgrades and equipment can be bounced off this as well. I'd quite like to see a ship captained by a Captain with the "Cowardly" trait turn tail and run from pirates, for example.

Thoughts?

4 answers to this suggestion

I feel Captains have unexplored potential.

Would it be possible to treat Captains more like "heroes", where each Captain is unique? Having their own stats, personalities and so forth would be far more interesting than "Here is a captain for your spaceship". I'm sure other ideas like upgrades and equipment can be bounced off this as well. I'd quite like to see a ship captained by a Captain with the "Cowardly" trait turn tail and run from pirates, for example.

Thoughts?

The cowardly trait would be extremely useful for my salvager!

This would be a neat mechanic.  It would give you more reasons to search the galaxy for a super captain. They could work like modules. Could also be expanded to other areas of the ship, Epic engineers and mechanics (preferably named Scotty) that could push your stats past 130 or train crewmen faster.  Awesome gunners that could improve all weapon accuracy. Very good idea i think this would be cool.  It would also make losing a ship cost more and be more personal.

Doesn't seem like it would be much harder than adding modules. Each ship would have one captain slot you could add add a captain "module" to.  Any extras would be in your inventory(we would probably still need to pay them). They could even have a chance to drop from enemy ships as escape pods, maybe you have to convince them to join you.

But I'm not a coder by any means so i don't know how hard this would be to add. Whether in game or a mod i hope this gets added