Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Super Weapon Idea

Kozlowskinator

Suggestion

Okay, so I've been thinking a little bit and I have an idea that may or may not be liked by the Avorion community.

I was watching a youtube series on Avorion from EnterElysium, I scrolled down to the comment section and found this comment:

Maciej Naumienko

"This game needs bigger weapons."

This gave me an idea, what if the devs put in a super weapon system. Basically allowing for the player to have massive firepower on a huge battleship in the form of a single, extremely oversized armament.

After consulting this idea with my friend, Stan, and developing this idea we came up with this:

You get a special upgrade system, similar to ship upgrade modules. They have their own dedicated screen and are unlocked once your ship reaches a certain size. Once unlocked you can drop modules in any method you can drop turrets or ship upgrades. You can put these into the different slots of the super weapon giving it properties like fire rate, damage, range and so on. Once you've collected all the modules required to make a certain type of super weapon you can place the massively oversized super weapon block onto your flagship. Of course only one of these would be allowed for your entire fleet as they would be extremely powerful and their energy consumption would mean you cant place much else on the ship. However having something like this would be extremely cool:

Imagine building a death star after collecting all the parts necessary for the Super Laser, or putting a Massive Mass Driver onto your ship, or even an EMP cannon that could disable a ships shield completely with one shot, or something like the Little Doctor from the movie Enders Game allowing you to wipe out an entire fleet of enemy fighters only leaving ships with shields untouched.

I hope you enjoyed this idea, leave any suggestions in the comments!

8 answers to this suggestion

There are already plans for putting in 'ship weapons' that you will basically have to build your ship around :)

Mass Drivers obviously being one of the more logical ones.

I didn't know that. In my defense i literally went onto the forums just to put this here, never been here before and didn't do any research before posting this so...

Maybe my idea can at least help build onto the 'ship weapons' plan.

There are already plans for putting in 'ship weapons' that you will basically have to build your ship around :)

Wrong! The dev said NO!

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2595.0.html

He will not implant ship block based weapons.

That's something different than what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about block building new weapons. I was talking about just large weapons that need stupid amounts of energy, so you're going to have to build an energy generator around it.

I'm sure I saw a post from Koonschi where he mentioned mass drivers for that. But maybe I misread that.

I'm at 1.5 size turrets and they are decently big.

And then.. a turret factory making a size 2.7! Required 15 engineers force turret gun I think it was. But 2.7! That would be massive! Lol. The weapons get bigger the further and higher the tech.

This is something different than turrets that have a size of 2.7

Although if the devs decide, or already have decided against this, maybe the modders could take this idea up.

Personally i think this concept should be in the game. Almost in every other space based videogame or movie or series there is some sort of super massive super weapon. It would only be suiting if we could build a dedicated ship for our fleet carrying this sort of weaponry.

Wrong! The dev said NO!

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2595.0.html

He will not implant ship block based weapons.

The dev said no to fully customisable weapons, this is why I'm suggesting that you have to drop the modules required to build them, that way the game could still be balanced and allow you to have that deathstar laser on your battleship