Some small bugs

PVD

If you don't mind, I'll post here some bugs or something like a bugs, i have caught :)

As i saw we can build a ships, which can cost more than 65k of iron, titan etc. but if it's count increase over 65k, game crashes, as i understand it uses only 1 byte for storing that data, so it will be not bad idea to use 4 bytes for it.

• Boxelware Team

Does it crash when you try to build a ship with material costs > 65k or does it already crash when you only view the ship in the shipyard?

What does the crash look like?

Does it say "Connection Closed"?

Do you see a windows error message saying that the program stopped working?

Does it not react any more (ie the game 'hangs')?

Or does it simply close itself?

Can you tell me your galaxy seed and the sector coordinates of the shipyard where you experienced the crash?

Best would be the faction name, too.

BTW: The game uses 4 byte integers for this, so that should not be the cause for the crash.

Hm, look like i don't have this bug, maybe it was because of my edits xml files...  :) However i had a some problem, my server.xml was cleared and i couldn't start the game, so than i created a new world and copied that xml, now it works.

Another problem is when you waiting for creating sector(some times it can be over 1-2 minute or even more) and suddenly have to go and close game. Next time game is not running.

• Boxelware Team

Hard to tell ... I don't have too much logging in there, with the next version there should not be any problems. Can you describe the problem any further? does it happen when you jump into a specific sector or is it at random?

And the server doesn't handle being closed improperly very well... This could cause a corrupt world, yes.

does it happen when you jump into a specific sector or is it at random?

Always random, as close to galaxy center, as more problems  :)

Another problem, if in battle you destroy more than 2-3 ships, fps getting close to zero, it's because of loot dropping from destroyed ships, it will be good idea to make less objects, which carry that loot or just to remove it at all, leave it only when farm with mining laser.

• Boxelware Team

Yeah the game has some slight problems with the scaling of huge amount of loot. When you get closer to the center the ships get bigger and thus the generation of the sectors takes more time. There's not much I can do about that, I'm afraid.