Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Some more tweaks to the ship generator

NovaRemnant

Suggestion

This should never be a thing:

xUPGctEnLBGc2j9TmE.gif

I'm sure you guys have witnessed ships like these before, especially when it comes to pirates. These long stalky ships only serve to detriment themselves, because as soon as you shoot them they start spinning. This not only makes it hard for us to hit them, it makes it almost impossible for them to hit us. I wasn't around for the last time the ship generator was tweaked to make ships "less stupid" but I would posit that these definitely count as dumb, and are probably the most annoying enemy to fight in the game. Pretty much every single other randomly generated ship I would call beautiful (not necessarily effective, but definitely more so than these). These ones are really the only ships that I've seen that should not be in the game.

4 answers to this suggestion

my own preference is that ships like this should snap in half due to the difference in velocity between different blocks.

though really, the issue there is, what mass are those ships supposed to be, that a few projectile rounds make them spin like that.

What's even more fun, I have a 10K/sec damage laser (which eats all my energy in a few seconds, but that aside) which does so much damage to blocks that you can cut most ships in half.

On these spinning needles, when you target the center of mass which it's spinning around, the effects are rather hilarious when it breaks in two :)

But yes, they're annoying  :P