My personal suggestions to various things...

InflamedSebi

Suggestion

I just played a few hours and found some things, that drove me crazy.

• Pirates attacked/killed me while playing the tutorial and building my first ship. So you might wanna check somehow if a player is still in the tutorial and disable auto attacking for the pirates meanwhile. Because that is a mean strategy of those devious pirates.

• Build mode is lacking a "copy to clipboard" button at the load ship screen. I like the way, you can easily save and load your ship, but it could be more powerful if you could do the same thing with partial ships. Like you can design your [body / engines / solar sails / cargo units / defense units] separated and then load these parts to your clipboard, scale them accordingly and put them to your ship. Maybe even with a tier (metal) selection.
    So once you came up with a smart design of certain ship parts you can save them and use them in bigger / higher tier ships without the need to recreate them.

• Thruster brakes seem to be kinda weak. Thrusters work well for strafing and turning but I would like to use engines as brakes so I don't need ridiculous amounts of thrusters to make my ship stop after going full speed and avoid crashing into asteroids/stations. Also, rotatable engines would allow for some neat agile ships.

• UI could be clearer. Those colored [  ] are great for finding ships/stations but I can't differentiate between them. While looking for stations I have to select all of the [  ] and check if it's a station or not. Maybe stations could have a double box like [[  ]] and ships keep the single one. This would make it obvious which one's which.

NVM.

These are my personal thoughts about the early game. Maybe some of this already exists and I just missed it somehow.

You are german right? Me too, so if you prefer I could post suggestions in german or even both :) Just let me know.

3 answers to this suggestion

If pirates come into the zone and coincidentally are also near you, you can either fly away from them, or warp to one of the 20 other zones you can choose from at any time.

You can already copy paste as many combinations of things as you want while building.

Thrusters work just as well for braking as they are for turning.

If you think putting engines in every direction would work better, then you don't know how engines or thrusters function.

Station's target frame is twice the size of ships and such. It's a personal problem if you can't tell the difference.

• Boxelware Team
Pirates attacked/killed me while playing the tutorial and building my first ship. So you might wanna check somehow if a player is still in the tutorial and disable auto attacking for the pirates meanwhile. Because that is a mean strategy of those devious pirates.

I don't think players should be attacked during the tutorial, I'll have a look at this, but you probably shouldn't expect it to come to the demo any time soon.

Build mode is lacking a "copy to clipboard" button at the load ship screen. I like the way, you can easily save and load your ship, but it could be more powerful if you could do the same thing with partial ships. Like you can design your [body / engines / solar sails / cargo units / defense units] separated and then load these parts to your clipboard, scale them accordingly and put them to your ship. Maybe even with a tier (metal) selection.

So once you came up with a smart design of certain ship parts you can save them and use them in bigger / higher tier ships without the need to recreate them.

Ctrl-V with the building inventory open, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Thruster brakes seem to be kinda weak. Thrusters work well for strafing and turning but I would like to use engines as brakes so I don't need ridiculous amounts of thrusters to make my ship stop after going full speed and avoid crashing into asteroids/stations. Also, rotatable engines would allow for some neat agile ships.

That's mostly because Iron is heavy. Very heavy compared to other materials. In the full version you'll have Titanium as well as Trinium which are the lightest materials, and you'll see that it's gonna make a huge difference. Also: Large ships are meant to be slow, that's why you have turrets that can turn in any directions, and why you can turn the camera individually.

I'll have a look at rotatable engines, although the physics of the game are laid out for them to be facing backwards.

UI could be clearer. Those colored [  ] are great for finding ships/stations but I can't differentiate between them. While looking for stations I have to select all of the [  ] and check if it's a station or not. Maybe stations could have a double box like [[  ]] and ships keep the single one. This would make it obvious which one's which.

We have icons planned to distinguish all stations from each other.