Add an Official Road Map for developement

n0etics

Suggestion

I know it's a bit early in the development stage to have a solid roadmap laid out with step by step details of the developers plans and that's understandable; game development can throw you curve-balls you didn't expect and that can set you back any number of days/weeks/months from your original timeline. Still, there is a benefit to having a roadmap laid out for people to see. Even if that roadmap is flexible (and that fact is advertised to the public) you still give people easily digestible information and a way to ease the customer into understanding that not only are their own issues recognized but there is a plan to fix these issue and many more in the near future.

The game is great already and this isn't a complaint at all. It's more of a suggestion as I've been involved with multiple EA games throughout their development and I've recognized a pattern that pops up among players and the questions they might ask.

(I'm also aware that I may have missed a discussion or two about this topic already but I was unable to find anything after searching for the past few hours so i thought I'd bring it up. If that's the case feel free to point me in the right direction.)

Thanks for then awesome game, keep up the good work!

5 answers to this suggestion

I agree, some players on the (steam) forum are already turning a little anxious because of this.

By being active on the forum you can make up a lot yourself by the reactions from the developers but I can imagine that for those who aren't it might seem as if things were going a bit slow due to the recent beta patches.

There is already some sort of roadmap on the page of the kickstarter but that list can use a little update as well since quite a few things must have changed since the release.

I agree, some players on the (steam) forum are already turning a little anxious because of this.

By being active on the forum you can make up a lot yourself by the reactions from the developers but I can imagine that for those who aren't it might seem as if things were going a bit slow due to the recent beta patches.

There is already some sort of roadmap on the page of the kickstarter but that list can use a little update as well since quite a few things must have changed since the release.

You and I were in the same thread, that's where I've seen your name. That and Rustys Server. Glad someone else is seeing the same thing as me.

I thought that there was only one, single developer?

Adding regular roadmap and updates can be a heck of an extra job to someone that's already blowing all his free time developing the game.

Although, to be honest, there are over 4000 members on the forums... when you consider probably twice as many people who bought the game, it might be time for him to hire another person.

I agree, it seems the game is running circles around thrusters while annoying, aggravating gameplay issues (automatic turret reset?) are left to rot. sure most of them aren't severe, but all of them are sure annoying (the ship transfer windows, for example, on ly just patched by modders) and are causing an hemorrhage of players from servers-

I thought that there was only one, single developer?

Adding regular roadmap and updates can be a heck of an extra job to someone that's already blowing all his free time developing the game.

Although, to be honest, there are over 4000 members on the forums... when you consider probably twice as many people who bought the game, it might be time for him to hire another person.

I think there are 2 devs, maybe 3? I know that there is currently one, koonschi, and another who is on break right now apparently.