Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Camera Position (nearly First person?)

Bishop22

Anyone have a way to set the position of the camera closer to the front of the ships?

I can only zoom so close in,

and then at the range I am hitting things my eyes (and yes I need new glasses) have trouble seeing for precision aiming.

I also ask because for some reason, when I installed shields on my ships, I no longer see any of the lasers (mining/salvage/dps) passing through my ships shields when I fire on enemies (they are, and they deal damage).

It's only my ship, I can see the enemies lasers visually pass thru their shields with no problem.

Any ideas on these things?

I've played with all graphics settings to no avail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read a couple of tips earlier that said do one of the following:

1. Build mostly to the rear of the core block (armor up the starter block but build most of the ship behind it) to get a better view.

2. At the rear of the ship, put a sort of tall/thin tower block. This is what I'm doing at the moment since I already build a nice (but ugly) ship. I tried the framework but it's the first thing that gets destroyed, so I ended up just using a piece of titanium armor. I messed around and adjusted the height to get the right view.

I haven't gotten into shields yet so can't say how well either of these will work for that.

I really like the first person view when I do space ship games....

So to simulate that in avorion:

1). Center your camera by holding ALT for a few seconds.

2). Release ALT and press it again being careful to only move your mouse vertically, pull or push your mouse so your ship is as far below the cross-hair as possible.

3). Use the mouse wheel to zoom in all the way.

4). Profit!

8) 8) 8) 8)