How to update Avorion server

FreddyAVO

So I made a server for myself and my gf but we cannot join.

My version is 0.10.5 and the server is 0.10.2

I am running the server from Linux, Is there a way to update this? I would like to let this run from the latest beta version.

Also how can I set my server to "creative mode"?

I Have tried looking over the forums but I cant seem to find what I am looking for.

PS: I dont know where to place this post so if moderator sees this post please place in correct section.

• 2 weeks later...

I am stuck. Steam updated the game version to 0.11 but I am not able to get the server to update. I am running it on my Ubuntu 16.04 box and I am able to enter the steamcmd and request the update. To which it informs me it did (the first time I ran it) or it is already up-to-date. However on running the server it is still showing version 0.10.2 on the terminal output. Am I missing something? note I did try to connect to it and it informs me the versions mis-match. Unfortunately It also seems Steam is tricky and I can't roll back the update.

After some work last night I was able to find that I apparently have 3 places on my linux box that the server.sh is located. Turns out the update was completed but it was not global and after finding the right one and running it the updated server is good to go.

-------------Edit: I'm an idiot--------------------

Issue is fixed. ./manager update did the trick. So for anyone installing through the same method. Don't update through steamcmd, just use ./manager update

---------------------------------------------------

After some work last night I was able to find that I apparently have 3 places on my linux box that the server.sh is located. Turns out the update was completed but it was not global and after finding the right one and running it the updated server is good to go.

Hi there,

Could you specify what you did exactly? Linux noob here trying to get my server up and running. Every other issue seems to be resolved except for the version mismatch. I've been able to login to steamcmd anonymously and with my steam credentials, but when I try app_update 565060 -beta beta validate it states that I'm already up-to-date, which I'm not ;)

Any help is appreciated.

BTW I've installed the server using the manager, great tool :)

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=642.0