Allow players to switch to any ship any were.

LordMaddog

Suggestion

12 answers to this suggestion

Ya like having multiple fleets.

Being half way across the map and having the message your Railgun factory S is underattack flash up and getting back to find it destroyed with both of your capital ships in the sector just floating around like nothing happen is BS.

Teleporters are in the game you can buy them as a commodity. Thus it only makes sense to let players to switch/ teleport to their other ships.

Allowing this would make the game a lot more fun.

I like the idea of using the teleporters as a component to building some sort of "matter transporter" block which would enable you to enter any ship you own in a given range; the more transporter blocks you have the greater the range- just like hypercores

Teleporters are in the game you can buy them as a commodity. Thus it only makes sense to let players to switch/ teleport to their other ships.

Allowing this would make the game a lot more fun.

I 100% agree with this.

In X3: Albion Prelude (one of the games Avorion is HIGHLY influenced by) you can take control of any ship at any time.  As the owner/leader of your ships/people in the vastness of space you should (in my opinion, and somewhat based on how the X series influence works) have the ability to access, command, pilot, and edit any ship in your empire at any time.  In X3:AP you could access all your ships, and depending on what software they had installed you could give them many different commands.

Here is a very short video describing this. Note: X3:AP came after X3: Terran Conflict but they are both very similar.

Another thing along these lines is having a satellite (like in X3), a defense platform, station, or an SWACS recon ship all of which could relay detailed information about a sector to you the commander from far far away.  If any of these are in a sector, you could see all entities current status, inventories, and communicate with them.

On Earth - AWACS is Airborne Warning And Control System, a mobile, long-range radar surveillance and control center for air defense.

In Space I'd say SWACS (so would Chris Roberts and anyone interested in Star Citizen...Hornet Tracker anyone? Anyone? lol)

Space Warning And Control System

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborne_early_warning_and_control

I'd rather a 'remote control' function be added, with a slight delay to movements, orders, etc. because raiding a base while the fleet is out takes some level of basic strategy. Would suck if the second you touch their station their currently docile captainless dreadnought roars to life and guts your hull in one shot.

Would suck if the second you touch their station their currently docile captainless dreadnought roars to life and guts your hull in one shot.

AH hello they are not caption less!!

I often have 2-4 captions on my guardian ships and I leave them there TO PROTECT!!

The AI is just to stinkin stupid. IRL even the most worthless of Captions know to obliterate the loser attacking a defenseless station!! 

Would suck if the second you touch their station their currently docile captainless dreadnought roars to life and guts your hull in one shot.

I often have 2-4 captions on my guardian ships and I leave there TO PROTECT!!

The AI is just to stinkin stupid. IRL even the most worthless of Captions know to obliterate the loser attacking a defenseless station!!

Did you set them to attack enemies? And get some smaller ships with good weapons :)

And if you want to cheat, you can always /teleport to the sector.

But if your station is under attack, that would also mean there's another player there, which means your ships are active, which means if you have defensive coverage with ships set to "Attack Enemies", and your factory has some decent shielding, you should be fine.

I often have 2-4 captions on my guardian ships and I leave there TO PROTECT!!

Did you set them to attack enemies? And get some smaller ships with good weapons :)

And if you want to cheat, you can always /teleport to the sector.

But if your station is under attack, that would also mean there's another player there, which means your ships are active, which means if you have defensive coverage with ships set to "Attack Enemies", and your factory has some decent shielding, you should be fine.

I have three dreadnoughts each with around 200k om and they are set to attack but what players do is use boost to drag the stuipd AI waaay out then boost back around and because AI's max speed is around 300-500ms no mater how fast you make them and players is like 10k ms the players can just take their good old time shooting at my stations then run away.

But alas it don't matter ATM :( because the server I play on

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=1018.0

has been off line 3 days now and the dev wont answer on Discord