Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD][mOS] move Asteroids

Laserzwei

Hey there, I am currently trying to get this mod to work with out of sector production. The thing is, both mods change server.lua file, so, im guessing my problems originate from there. I am currently using the "OOSP" server.lua file, and whenever i try to get the asteroid to move, i pay, i warp and the asteroid remains where it is. Furthermore, i cant do anything with it, it completely ignores me. I cant sell it, cant create a mine, anything. I tried inserting the line that is modified in asteroid's mod file into the file im using now, just pasted it right after the oosp line, but i guess that didnt exactly work. Any suggestions?

@zloiiojik

Take the OOSP server.lua and add the following between line 56 and 57 :

player:addScriptOnce("player/asteroidMover.lua")

Edit: There is a good chance that the asteroids, which you already tried to move won't work properly.

If the problems persist on yet unexplored asteroids feel free to report it back here. (then also include the serverlog)

@zloiiojik

Edit: There is a good chance that the asteroids, which you already tried to move won't work properly.

If the problems persist on yet unexplored asteroids feel free to report it back here. (then also include the serverlog)

Yep, that did it. Thanks =)

• 5 weeks later...

@zloiiojik

Hey there, I am currently trying to get this mod to work with out of sector production. The thing is, both mods change server.lua file, so, im guessing my problems originate from there. I am currently using the "OOSP" server.lua file, and whenever i try to get the asteroid to move, i pay, i warp and the asteroid remains where it is. Furthermore, i cant do anything with it, it completely ignores me. I cant sell it, cant create a mine, anything. I tried inserting the line that is modified in asteroid's mod file into the file im using now, just pasted it right after the oosp line, but i guess that didnt exactly work. Any suggestions?

Having a similar problem but I can't interact with asteroids at all, and oddly there is no line 56 or 57 within the server.lua file so nowhere for me to insert the command line

oddly there is no line 56 or 57 within the server.lua file so nowhere for me to insert the command line

There are 65 lines in the out-of-sector(0.9_91) server.lua and assuming you did copy all the other files to the right place you should make lines 56-58 look like this:

player:addScriptOnce("player/oosproduction.lua")                                --oosp
    player:addScriptOnce("player/asteroidMover.lua")                                --mOS
    matchResources(player)

I just full uninstalled and installed your all in one mod instead, work fine now, though I was wondering if there was any way to install both the all in one mod and the all production chains mod since inserting the scripts for one overwrites the other, or am I being thick?

Edit: Nevermind it stopped working again...

Edit OK it's working for some asteroids but others can't be interacted with at all but hey ho doesn't make a huge difference.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

asteroid not jumping with me.

when i go back it is still there so it is not lost in destination sector.

when i interact with it and use move asteroid it is saying i already paid.

i tried jumping few times with different distances from the asteroid ( within 100m / 10km / 20km ) and no luck

i play single player

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bug to squish...  If you claim an asteroid and move it while in a faction it creates a dud non claimable asteroid when you go to check it...  The workaround is to change the faction status of the asteroid before moving it and then changing back to faction status once moved..

BTW I consider this mod as an essential part of Avorion and hope the devs implement it.

just went to new sector found another one, claimed it paid for moving, planned jump, and jumped.

i could not find the asteroid in destination sector so  i went back, and it was still there

Highly likely you installed the mod wrong/ with an incompatible other mod. See if /data/scripts/server/server.lua has the following line:

player:addScriptOnce("mods/mos/scripts/player/asteroidMover.lua")

Also check your logfiles (%Appdata%/Avorion/)

Found a bug to squish...  If you claim an asteroid and move it while in a faction it creates a dud non claimable asteroid when you go to check it...  The workaround is to change the faction status of the asteroid before moving it and then changing back to faction status once moved..

BTW I consider this mod as an essential part of Avorion and hope the devs implement it.

When you talk about "faction" I assume you meant Alliance?

I tested the behavior in 0.15.8 and as expected I could mave asteroids across sectors in both Alliance-owned and Player ships.

Make sure you are close enough to your asteroids (<15km default).

I checked the console the script created an asteroid, but it was a blank asteroid that could not be interacted with...  I will test it again later to see if I get the same result..  Aye I have been using your mod since you released it, first time I have ever had a problem.

I have seen this behaviour too three times now, all three times on my multiplayer server, but never in singleplayer.

I wonder, are you flying an Alliance ship? I've seen a lot of other bugs crop up in mods I use recently to do with Alliance vessels rather than normal player ships.

No I'm not going crazy... there is a massive non claimable asteroid 50 km from the centre of the sector... however I searched the sector again and found the claimed asteroid behind the east gate  >.<   

The only other time I have a had a glitch was after the alliance update before Laserwei patched his mod and even then it still worked if you were just playing non aligned..  Infact the only reason I create an alliance In single player is because there is less clutter on the map when viewing a sector and your player assets screen (owned ships and stations)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

update

-- 0.19.0 [2018-11-8]

- dropped complicated and dated way of deleting and recreating asteroids and the as tedious way of detecting sector changes. As a result the code is much smaller and uses less hooks (no modification of server.lua required anymore!)

- Instead uses Galaxy():transferEntity(type 1)

- The target sector can be individually selected and jumping out of a system does not inherently transfer asteroids with you.

- This lifts the previously implied jump-range limit. To prevent unlimited transfer range there is now a config option (MAXTRANSFERRANGE)

AqfjDZI.png

-- 0.20.0 [2018-12-04]

- now uses "callable"

- now with namespace

-- 0.20.1 [2019-01-22]

- Default max transfer range now 50 sectors

- Now uses "onSelectMapCoordinates" event, instead of busy waiting

- Now remembering your selected sector

• 5 months later...

First of all, this mod rocks! This should be a default part of the game. Moving an asteroid can make the difference between a mine being profitable and not. And player-owned stations aren't terribly profitable to begin with. (The whole economy system desperately needs some TLC...)

However, there's one aspect about this mod that I really don't like:

I recently clicked on the "Move Asteroid" option on one of my claimed asteroids, because I wanted see how far away I could move it. I did not actually intend to move it. I then decided to click "Cancel"...

[Warning to others] Unfortunately, this mod does not refund the moving fee if you click "Cancel"! At least, the version of this mod that my server uses doesn't. That would be bad enough, if the mod was left at the default 500,000 Credit moving fee. However, this server set the fee at 5,000,000 Credits! Talk about ouch!  :o  :'( And I really worked my behind off to make the few $million that I had. (I had $43 million, now down to $38 million...)

Any chance you could change this so that canceling the move would refund the moving fee?!

First of all, this mod rocks! This should be a default part of the game. Moving an asteroid can make the difference between a mine being profitable and not. And player-owned stations aren't terribly profitable to begin with. (The whole economy system desperately needs some TLC...)

However, there's one aspect about this mod that I really don't like:

I recently clicked on the "Move Asteroid" option on one of my claimed asteroids, because I wanted see how far away I could move it. I did not actually intend to move it. I then decided to click "Cancel"...

[Warning to others] Unfortunately, this mod does not refund the moving fee if you click "Cancel"! At least, the version of this mod that my server uses doesn't. That would be bad enough, if the mod was left at the default 500,000 Credit moving fee. However, this server set the fee at 5,000,000 Credits! Talk about ouch!  :o  :'( And I really worked my behind off to make the few $million that I had. (I had $43 million, now down to $38 million...)

Any chance you could change this so that canceling the move would refund the moving fee?!

What (Avorion-)version is this server running on?

Move asteroids only charges you money, when it actually moves one, since 2018-11-09 (v0.19.0 for Avo 0.19). Avorions default branch is 0.21.4 with 0.22 around the corner. Your's is very far behind

Great mod!

I'm apprehensive about installing this on our server, though.  Is there a limit or can you perhaps limit how many asteroids can be jumped to a single sector?  My concern is pvp griefing - Faction A jumps 100 asteroids in Faction B's home system to prevent them from logging in.