[MOD]Custom dialogs with npc portrait[WIP]

LogicSocket

I am currently working on custom dialogues with npc portraits mod.

This will expand and bring life to the npcs. This is work in progress and will be released upon completion.

dialogue choices will have real impact upon factions. This can lead to friendship or all out war. If you develop a friendship,

perhaps you will be rewarded?

examples:

10zxz7s.jpg

20sccjs.jpg

14aa547.jpg

v8otn8.jpg

Nice to see you are implementing Starflight further into Avorion!

What I just thought of with the factions in mind was to add the materials from Starflight as Goods in-game which can be obtained from the custom factions, and maybe allow for some commerce between the factions?

Love this concept and can't wait for it to release.

Suggestion:

Create portraits with faction and merchant tags. Establish race portraits for the different factions, but the merchants (since they are more like vagabonds) would show a random portrait.

IF it's possible, I have another suggest to account for other faction mods. Instead of setting each faction a constant value, can you return the value of all of the factions (factions.lua?) that load up for the player/server, then randomly define each faction with a portrait value? This would allow for each server/playthrough to be different because the factions wouldn't always be the same. I.e., Faction "A" isn't always bug people, Faction "B" isn't pink, three-eyed aliens, etc.

I hope that didn't sound to confusing  :P

• 2 weeks later...