[MOD]Transportation Permit Fix[Updated]

LogicSocket

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Step right up!

Have you ever been transporting dangerous goods, just trying to make a living as a simple trader,

only to be scanned, stopped and fined because you didn't have a permit, and permits were never put into the game?

Well, look no further. Simply buy a Transportation Permit from any Trading Post Station for a measly 10k credits, slap it into your ship system slot and fly free of hassle.

(I suggest only doing this when you know you'll be passing by the feds). They will scan you, see you have a permit, and let you on your way!

This mod fixes the rather odd fact that you get scanned and possibly fined (although you can just ignore and jump out) if hauling dangerous trade goods without a "Transportation Permit". Although you can get caught, the actual permits were not in game.

This mod fixes that.

merge/extract as usual into data folder.

34yxu9x.jpg

Mod Download:[uPDATED]

https://mega.nz/#!1IVHVJoK!GJF780Q9kdQRPbm_Mi4aXb_YaBKXSo7JJqRgjJJojTg

Goes in your: steamapps>common>avorion>data>scripts>entity folder.

Mod has been Updated and bug fixed. Please re-download the mod.

Update notes:

If you have the permit equipped when ships scan you, now you will get a server message at bottom of screen telling you permit

is valid. You will not have intrusive dialog. You will now NOT take faction rep hit if you have the permit equipped. enjoy :)

35lhs9h.jpg

Unfortunatley this MOD is not working correctly for me. I was able to buy the permit and equip it, however i am still losing reputation when i get scanned. If i jump out of sector it seems to drop even quicker. Wish there was a way to make A.I ships just not scan you period.

UPDATE: MOD IS FIXED AND WORKING WELL

Would it be possible to have the permit for a limited time instead of permanent?

Having this module permanently will mean that players are able to make even more money with trading, so I would like to drain some of the money back in the server in some way, an the best way I can think of is that the permit would have a limited time.

I'm getting the rep loss, even with the updated antismuggle file. I had -100,000 rep, sold them an asteroid and got +15,000 then I got the message 3 times in quick succession while they were also shooting at me...

Can you please change it so that if I have the module fitted it just does a player:sendMessage "Your cargo has been scanned. [Faction name] thank you for having the correct permit" instead of a full dialog

Screenshots:

XHpedCV.jpg

Uivsa52.jpg

b3ZqVao.jpg

Sat Mar 04 21:34:39 2017| could not load script "data/scripts/server/server.lua":

Sat Mar 04 21:34:39 2017| data/scripts/server/server.lua:41: unexpected symbol near '/'

Sat Mar 04 21:34:39 2017| Setting script "data/scripts/server/server.lua" to invalid.

Sat Mar 04 21:34:39 2017| Starting game server on ip 46.4.63.209, 772030417

Sat Mar 04 21:34:39 2017| Listed server version: 0.10.5.7633

i have "scripts" from zip to "data" on the Server

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure this is working correctly with latest beta branch... im getting like 3-5 scans from destroyers and faction hits still after fix... maybe i did it wrong?

To be sure I have the permit installed on in my modules but every time they check me im getting hate.

im not sure this is working correctly with latest beta branch... im getting like 3-5 scans from destroyers and faction hits still after fix... maybe i did it wrong?

To be sure I have the permit installed on in my modules but every time they check me im getting hate.

It works for me and others, so no idea why it isn't for you sorry.

One thing we noticed on our server is that the scanning for the permit seems to be causing a decent amount of lag during faction battles, players mentioned that this is while they are being scanned multiple times by both factions ships.

There are a few players who still use the mod so I'm reluctant to take it away immediately.

Not sure if possible but could the code be further optimised to perhaps do fewer checks?

Another QoL issue is that I gave the permit a very high price, which makes misclicking very unforgiving.

Could you make some sort of confirmation before buying such as the MineCorp mod has or something similar?

Using the 7633 beta version and playing single player... im telling you man this is not working.  :)

8)

I am getting scanned like 3-10 times when entering a new zone even with the thingy equipped.

I get about 3-5k per hit.

Is there some part of the code you would be willing to explain how it works I will edit it myself :)

Problem: habe lizens

To chat: Fri Mar 17 00:49:12 2017| <Destroyer /* ship title */> Wir haben dich gescannt. Wir haben bei dir eine Transport erlaubnis gescannt und ist gültig. Einen schönen Tag noch und guten Flug.

Popup: das meine ware beschlagnamt wird????? und nach 60 secunden schiesst er auf mich

sollte er eigentlich nicht, wenn ich eine lizens habe oder?