"Stahlvogel" & "Jackal" Inspired Ships

Warrax
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For an early game Starter Ship, a Scout or a fast Late Game Miner Buddy ...

Part of my plan, was to "just" reach the 4th Slot.  ;)

Argento

As well, it is built for speed, as you will see.

bwXT9C6.jpg

Not sure yet how to post the xml, though I am willing to ...

Hi Warrax

I am just new playing Avorion, and love the look of all your ships.

At this stage in my game, I think Argento would start me off perfect.

How did you make that logo thing? 

Just wondering if you had a chance to post the xml for your Argento?

Thanks.  And looking forward to seeing more.

Cool ... looking forward to your post on it.

Do you need the xml for my wing pods?  The design includes shavings of the old (0.10) thrusters.

I am trying to figure out dropbox so I can post the pods for you.

Do you need the xml for my wing pods?  The design includes shavings of the old (0.10) thrusters.

No but thanks, my ship is relatively small and the pods are pretty basic other than the angled outer skin layer.

Well, I look forward to your post 19MT70.

Until then - this reply is a placeholder set to host the Aegoran.  I need to make a better picture set, as there are changes to the Aegoran and I would need new pics that go with the stats and the XML.

Here is just one screen for now.

I will post screens, stats and XML as soon as I can.  :)

0MFdJa5.jpg

The Audax - Latin for "audacious".

This dressed up version (featured and in the XML) contains many material upgrades that were not in what I started with.  To reduce materials costs, i had replaced all the Trinium that I could with Titanium.

This (posted) version of the Audax includes Xanion shields among other improvements.  As well, all the Titanium has been replaced by either Trinium or Xanion.  The central element is Xanion stone, so I can mount my Xanion turrets.  I coloured it with a dark purple for an (what I think) is an intriguing effect.

Its a very fast ship.  With the booster, top speed is over 4300m/s.  With all its stored energy, its easily maintained.

I hope you enjoy driving it ... The Audax always served me well.

Money Cost: (Details soon)

Iron:

Titanium:

Naonite

Trinium:

Xanion:

All my XMLs are posted centrally - on the first page of this thread.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2539.msg13053.html#msg13053

Audax

X9uk0SE.jpg

mESHNZn.jpg

lYObevc.jpg

The original statue is from Zajc - links are posted elsewhere in this thread.  I modified his original, added the statues' colours and the lighting.

nOWFOVC.jpg

9l2cE9x.jpg

jZShBlK.jpg

xpXGUYj.jpg

kAit6Sm.jpg

6TkivFl.jpg

t2aFHqz.jpg

ent0A4Q.jpg

A40MuNC.jpg

mB3CjbX.jpg

jXF4RzH.jpg

Stats, of course

v7U0g2C.jpg

BNrjy1N.jpg

WbVAGDD.jpg

Gotta love fast,  ;) ...

ZHCxzZX.jpg

Group shot, only the Jackal is not shown.

tVvWrdw.jpg

The Algaard looks sweet. How many upgrade slots on the Algaard?

Looking forward to your posting on that - and the XML for it would be nice too.

I took the Audax for a ride in my creation server as I need about 300,000 more Trinium for it.  The lines are so smooth, with power to spare.

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I had to move where you originally positioned the hangars on Audax.

Want me to post the XML for that updating i did on Audax?

Please, please post the XML for the Aegoran.

Thanks

The Algaard looks sweet. How many upgrade slots on the Algaard?

Looking forward to your posting on that - and the XML for it would be nice too.

I took the Audax for a ride in my creation server as I need about 300,000 more Trinium for it.  The lines are so smooth, with power to spare.

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I had to move where you originally positioned the hangars on Audax.

Want me to post the XML for that updating i did on Audax?

Please, please post the XML for the Aegoran.

Thanks

(Answers for above)

9 Upgrades on the Algaard.  I just wanna get some game time in to take a few screenshots before I post it.

Yes, please.  If you have a chance to post the update to Audax, much appreciated :)

Yup, same for the Aegoran.  I will try to post later its XML file today or tomorrow.  - As soon as I have some time to ramble thru the details.

Cheers

I hope its ok.  Below is the link for the updated Audax that I did.  For anyone missing the previous posts, the hangars were built too close to the opposing arms.  And no problems Warrax, if you want to repost the linkages and stuff for the thread, feel free.

Updated XML, Audax:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0U2m7lZM_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for all your work  ;D

I hope its ok.  Below is the link for the updated Audax that I did.  For anyone missing the previous posts, the hangars were built too close to the opposing arms.  And no problems Warrax, if you want to repost the linkages and stuff for the thread, feel free.

Updated XML, Audax:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0U2m7lZM_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for all your work  ;D

Got your message

Thanx for posting this ...  I am going to update the Audax XML to the main listing on the first page of this thread.

Aegis

Took some fine tuning, and I am pleased with the results.  Boasting thirteen (13) upgrade slots, ample power generation and capacity ... and almost 9500 Cargo Capacity !!

The Aegis compromises a little on maneuverability, but this ship is a workhorse - a real powerhouse.  Of course, another version of the same could swap out much of the cargo for shield.

(If I do that, maybe I will repost with the Cargo Hold swapped out !!)

In-game, I cannot yet afford to build her yet (other than my creations server), so I do not yet know the full price. 

In the event someone downloads the XML and determines the exact cost, please post it here.

Main features (with no upgrade cards)

• 13 Upgrade Slots
  • 17 Sector Hyperspace Reach
  • +9400 Cargo Capacity
  • +1.5 Million Shield (trinium, so ample room for enhancement)
  • Ample power generation
  • Ample power storage
  • +1150m/s on base engines, over 5000m/s on boosters
  • +210 Brake Thrust
  • Optimized crew efficiency at only 1100 Crew (that's Engineers + Mechanics)

8q2mKEo.jpg

kXLB3W8.jpg

Mvigj7C.jpg

4eXoMGH.jpg

zPcwd7L.jpg

fiIDTvO.jpg

tRXKdjv.jpg

VD5Hnom.jpg

pYfTvNm.jpg

In-game stats

D9ieObC.jpg

XMLs

Someone did a good tie fighter, but haven't seen an interceptor. I'm warning you now though...the angles on the front/back of the wings are going to make you want to gouge your eyes out...

I hear you, Blondersheel.  I had to figure out Wingpods when I did my early and subsequent attempt for the Jackal.

My first first attempt met failure (yup - gouged my eyes out) - things did not line up, i got frustrated and started over.  In building the wing pods (the second time, lol  ::) ) I used a tonne of copy and paste, and was extremely careful about placement, and not passing small glitches.  The results seemed ok - the ship - the Jackal - needs an overhaul, but the techniques I discovered, may serve me well on my next efforts.

Here are my wingpods developed for Jackal.

JYggLbI.jpg

YPRILBN.jpg 

If I can find the post where someone posted a Tie Fighter (that Blondersheel referred to) i will drop the link here.