Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

CRASH: Opening Energy Tab

DoorsMonster

Hi!

A clear description of what happened.

First, I'm playing Beta Patch 0.10.5.7633

Game closes immediately after I click on "Energy" tab from Ship's (P) Menu. After checking my current processes, it seems that only client crashes, because server still working.

I can still play the game with no issues if I don't touch that creepy tab.

Step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

[*]Open Ship's menu by pressing "P" key. Alternatively, open Ship's menu by clicking on ship's top-right icon

[*]Click on Energy Tab

[*]Crash

Your client and server log.

Attached

Your system specs:

• Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
  • CPU: Intel® Core i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz
  • GPU: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated (yeah, I know, it's an horrible chip, but it was working fine)

Additionally, I was able to open Energy tab on previous patch. I'm willing to offer more details/logs if you guide me.

Edit: We are now on path 0.11.0.77* and the bug still occurs. I found a guy who says is experimenting the same bug,  but on windows 10.

clientlog_Mon_Feb_27_16-25-40_2017.txt

serverlog_Mon_Feb_27_16-29-04_2017.txt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay. Here's the updated clientlog. I also started a new galaxy to try it.

By the way, I noticed what seems to be another bug (in fakedistresssignal.lua script) while I was reading the clientlog... (but I think it is independent from the bug I originally posted). I will try to fix the second bug (as it is related to a .lua script) in the afternoon and I'll  leave a message here if I succeded.

clientlog_Mon_Mar_20_16-15-44_2017.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, it's me again. I was thinking on give up and never open energy tab again because I had concluded that it was my fault because I'm using ubuntu and I have an integrated chip.

But, recently I played in a multiplayer server and I found a guy who says that he experiment the SAME BUG but he has Windows 10 and a different chipset! That changes everything. He also says that he filed a bug report, too, so I'm going to look for the post in the forums and I'm going to link both posts.

So, resuming, this bug occurs, even on Windows 10, in the same way like me (only energy tab) with another guy. I'll find the post of that guy and I'll paste a link here.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I reported this issue at version 0.10.5.* and at version 0.12.5 it didn't work either. I felt as if it weren't going to be fixed ever and I just decided to never open the energy tab. I was sooo disappointed.

Today I opened that forbidden tab and, surprise, this was the first time I saw the energy tab. At version 0.12.6.* ... I have the impression that it was not deliberately fixed. Bad experience.

Hello, same bug, i can´t look in the energy tab.

Venue Tablet CoreM, Windows 10

Wishes

@SUperpete, does it work for you know? maybe you should give it a try now.