Does Avorion support multiple connection paths?

Weylin

I'm a bit unsure about how things connect in this game, as in what counts as being still connected to the core.

Let's say I put an extension (ex1) on the core, and then a generator on the end of that block.

Now let's say I stuck an extender (ex2) on the generator, and made a chain of blocks ultimately leading back to the core, but being built upon each other on the way there.

So, given that scenario, if ex1 is destroyed, will it also destroy the generator, ex2, and all blocks leading back to the core by the other path?

I'm a bit unsure about how things connect in this game, as in what counts as being still connected to the core.

Let's say I put an extension (ex1) on the core, and then a generator on the end of that block.

Now let's say I stuck an extender (ex2) on the generator, and made a chain of blocks ultimately leading back to the core, but being built upon each other on the way there.

So, given that scenario, if ex1 is destroyed, will it also destroy the generator, ex2, and all blocks leading back to the core by the other path?

That sounds like a good experiment.  Why not test it yourself?

Generally speaking:

NO, it won't blow up all those other blocks.

Because that "trail" of extensions has looped around, and the game recognizes that the blocks can connect from the core too.

I did a similar test just a few days ago, and all that happened was the first extension exploded, all the other bits stayed put.

EDIT:  Allso, is it just me, or did the title "Does Avorion support multiple connection paths?" cause anyone else to think "network connection" like torrents or Apple products.