Mad Science Stations

Mcleod

I've managed to randomly come across and kill 3 of the mad science outposts and am now hunting for a 4th.

Issue is that I understand its between 150 and 240 distance, I've been jumping around yellow blips in that range and getting nothing. 

I've been using the calculation  √(x²+y²) to get my distance right, no luck. 

I've even gone to x=0 y=150-240 (every yellow blip on the vertical line) and still not found any.

Is there something I'm missing, do I need a particular module equipped ?

Must have checked about 300 yellow blips - its driving me nuts, not to mention making me bored to play the game as it's the last artifact I need lol.

I found close to two dozen of those when mapping the ring from the outside (had bad luck finding the "entrance"-sector"), i don't know about the spawning-rules, but it might help.

Also don't forget to equip the scanner-upgrade which shows valuables (secrat crates, claimable astroids, etc). best would be exotic+ for sector-wide scanning of course.

Well that's another couple of hours searching and nothing, starting to think it's bugged as every now and then I go to a yellow blip and there is absolutely nothing there.

I'm now using the disttocore mod (so I know i'm in the right range), I've got Legendary object detector, Exotic scanner and Exotic radars and still only find wrecks, beacons asteroids no more science labs, getting frustrating now.

I've found about 6 sectors with the rings of asteroids with a big one in middle - that's the portal bit obce you have 8 artifacts isn't it ?

the portal is in sector with astroids call one to 8 in roman numbers (I, II, III ... VIII).

not the ones with a big material-astroid in the middle and the religious ships around it (one of them is usually called "Adept" or "Priest" or something other religious title, which you can talk to and than either ignore or make 'em attack you)

i seem to be having the same problem.

in older save i had no issues find M.A.D research satellites

but this play through (on the latest beta branch)

i found 3 within 1 or 2 jumps of each other. but no 4th. so far i have made it round 1/4 of the core at about the right distance checking every yellow blip i see and no luck

and i am also noticing the empty yellow sectors as well.

If you want to cheat it (in singleplayer or as admin):

Enter the following into the console('), after you have replaced the 5 in teleporterkey5 with the number of the missing artifact

/run Player(callingPlayer):getInventory():add(SystemUpgradeTemplate("data/scripts/systems/teleporterkey5.lua", Rarity(RarityType.Legendary), Seed(124)))

If you have destroyed one of them before, then they will show up like a usual enemy ship. But I think that before you have destroyed one, they are basically displayed like asteroids.

I don't know if they are recognized by the object finder, so you might have to look for them with your eyes.

I can't find a single one.. I am fed up with this quest hunt! Been to so many yellow blips. Can't see anything but asteroids. No idea if they would give off a colored border if I zoomed out or not, used object finder and didn't help. Gonna do that cheat thing hopefully it works.

Edit:.. OMG.. IT WORKED!! Never again am I doing that mad science! lol.. or Bottan, I can't find energy inverters anywhere! lol

i seem to be having the same problem.

in older save i had no issues find M.A.D research satellites

but this play through (on the latest beta branch)

i found 3 within 1 or 2 jumps of each other. but no 4th. so far i have made it round 1/4 of the core at about the right distance checking every yellow blip i see and no luck

and i am also noticing the empty yellow sectors as well.

Having the same issue with the latest beta, and filed a bug report for this very issue.