Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Multiple Difficulty Sliders

SageThe13th

Suggestion

There was a post about this already.  But, I can't seem to find it so I'm just making a new one.  Sorry mods!

So rather than one difficulty slider I think it would great to have few different ones so we can adjust the game to challenge us in ways we find appealing.

The one's I've come up with so far are:

NPC Damage

This is used to change the NPC ships' weapon damage.  The range is from 5% to 200%.

NPC Tactics

Makes the enemy fight smarter.  NPCs will try and fight at effective ranges, they will dodge more, and employ fleet tactics to try and beat you.  They will still be lazy about chasing you though.

NPC Aggression

Makes hostile AI ships more or less active.  Aggressive AI will do more to try and chase you down.  Hyperspace blockers will be more frequent.  You won't notice a different in the rim sectors but as you get closer to the core aggression will ramp up.

Faction Hostility

Changing this makes the default average relation between the player and NPC factions better or worse.

Resource Scarcity

Used to control how abundant resources are.  This could hurt NPC factions as well.  Less active NPCs means less resources for the player as well.  This has no effect on the Xoatan.

Unknown hostility.

Controls how frequently the Xoatan attack.  The highest level may even make them automatically hostile attacking the player as soon as they arrive rather than waiting for the player to make the first move.

2 answers to this suggestion

Not bad...

BUT

"Tactics" will require behavioral rework (hopefully already underway)

Resource Scarcity would only effect sectors before generation...

Unless your idea is ONLY for generation of the current game?

And I would add in one more

Diplomacy - How hard or easy it is to adjust your faction standings

Resource scarcity and faction hostility would likely be part of the galaxy seed and can't be changed.  All other parameters, including the diplomacy one you just suggested, could be changed during gameplay.

I know some of these require changes to the game's AI.  But, I figure that's going to change anyway since they are so feeble right now.