Beta Branch Patchnotes 0.10.5.7633

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Not being a native speaker is only one part of why it takes a long time. Players usually dissect every little thing I say so I have to be very careful with what I mention since everything I say can and will be used against me ;)

Also: I'll post an update today (in the steam community hub as well).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If things keep going the way they are going, this game might not even make it to it's potential as players are already deserting the game because they think it failed.

Yeah, cause the ginourmous dev team and monthly server costs will ruin koonschi in no time.

/sarcasm

The strongest point of EA games like Avorion is that development doesn't need to be rushed. The total dev costs per month are tiny compared to most games.

Ofc if the dev gets lazy and stops his work we are screwed, but a) Avorion is already worth the money; and b) that's the inherent risk of buying EA games. ;)

Players usually dissect every little thing I say so I have to be very careful with what I mention since everything I say can and will be used against me ;)

What?! How can you say that!?  I'm offended that you feel the need to be so careful! 

^ Welcome to the internet. :D

Your likely tracking NPC docks don't repair automatically overtime, do you know when you will be updating that in a patch?  For example, NPC crashes into a dock, but dock is not attacked for X number of minutes it repairs.  Just curious, also are you implementing any sort of sector active if a player places a ship with a Captain in sector?  Ask mainly because station trading doesn't work on a large scale if systems inactive.

Also, do you allow others to join testing servers?  If so, I would love to test new patches.  Already bought the game for friends, excited to see the progress!!

What did the little 7.4 MB patch do?

Everything that's posted in the patch logs.

Your likely tracking NPC docks don't repair automatically overtime, do you know when you will be updating that in a patch?  For example, NPC crashes into a dock, but dock is not attacked for X number of minutes it repairs.

Also, do you allow others to join testing servers?

Repairing docks is implemented, see link below and you should be able to join the test servers using the server browser if they are up and running and if you are on the correct version.

On another note: I am now closing this thread to avoid confusion about the most recent version. You can find the current patch notes here