Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Layers option for ship blocks in build mode.

Avitus12

Suggestion

Something I fine that has no match when working in 3ds max or Photoshop, is layers, being able to assign specific images/models into there own layer and toggle there viability on and off dose not only speed up the work flow but it literally makes some things that would otherwise be borderline impossible a walk in the park.

I request a layer feature for blocks, you would need a list of created layers, a way to name them and maybe how many blocks are in it, a way of assigning a selected block to a selected layer, a way of creating and deleting layers, and most importantly a toggle button for layer viability.

Thoughts?

9 answers to this suggestion

I would be fine even with simple ability to hide/unhide blocks. I use that function much more often in 3Ds MAX, that layers, and it should be easier to implement.

Yes true, a simple hide/unhide would be better then nothing, or even hid everything but the selected, if a layers option is to much work.

Layers be best though imo ^_^

I would be fine even with simple ability to hide/unhide blocks. I use that function much more often in 3Ds MAX, that layers, and it should be easier to implement.

I will point out that, as a 3D modeler myself, while I also use the hide option more than layers I'm not trying to hide dozens maybe even hundreds of objects all at once as the case might be in Avorion.

Layers would be a very cool feature.  Especially if it came with some other functions like a convert blocks in layer to material option.