Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

game doesn't push back enough

LoSboccacc

the game is extremely passive at every difficulty. at any time you can build a mini iron shuttle and race to the xanium, especially using wormholes. and if you're lucky you can get the occasional faction gate that crosses the barrier.

as long as you don't actively look for a fight, you're just let be without any real challenge showing up or slowing you down.

+1

Adding to that, it is SOO easy to just play vulture and scoop up loots from other battles.

I already commented on another thread about how war scavengers are frowned upon by all sides...

You should take a faction hit if you are within 20KM of a fight and do nothing to help.

yeah or even event where if you don't act, a faction declares war on you or relations significantly worsen. can be during faction wars, can be during pirate raid, can be a quest to access their gate network, anything. just start the dialog when a player enter a sector and force his hands.

Not very sandboxy ideas you guys have... why force people to do stuff?

Also: what happens when you are friendly with two factions that are at war? beeing neutral should be possible without them hating you...

Also racing to an advanced material with an iron shuttle is sth you choose to do... same with breaching the core and following the quests. there is no where written you have to do that.

If you want the game to push back more: try higher difficulty settings and DON'T rush to some advanced material... and then try to fight with your iron / tritanium ship if you want a challenge.

I do agree about the game being quite easy on all difficulties. On any game, I always go straight to xanion from iron, because there's no reason not to. What we really need are enemies that can keep up with us, even in a drone you can outrun pirates (albeit takes a while, got caught in a jammer for 10 mins stuck in the 19km range.) I don't agree with forced faction fights, as would you expect a trader or a diplomat to get involved in combat, or even a mercenary you didn't hire? I do think maybe grabbing loot from faction battles and others kills maybe could incur a reputation penalty though.

maybe the map needs a barrier around each section of 2 minerals similar to the core and enemies don't drop loot when killed by faction AI.  then you still have to work up towards and through minerals to get places somewhat, and perhaps have a small section of story missions top proceed past each barrier similar to the core.  of course they'd have to affect all missions outside of the core at the corresponding ring so you could freely move aroound that area via special gates the faction/s allow you to use afterward.

I would be fine with loot not being dropped if you don't participate in the fight, because, well they arn't your spoils, in effect your stealing from the victors.

A punishment instead of a flat limitation would be better, this WOULD expand the sandbox feeling of the game, it would add more depths to piracy, and add more choice without any form of complexity.

If they want to make it more challenging:

AI could be faster, able to pursue the player, possible multi-sector pursue (to a degree)

Higher materials could become rarer, while lower materials become more abundant the further in, this would encourage more use of these materials.

Those are two balanced, Sandbox Oriented, un-complicated ideas.

You all builder already have creative or easy so why complain? People that like the coop and pve aspect are currently given a tepid game with glaring holes in the mechanics, requires zero effort to beat nullifying any sense of achievement.

2ewf5si.png

The game still has the potential to cater to all types of players. Some people prefer to earn their fun. It's not a hard concept to grasp, that's why most games on earth have a difficulty slider.

Nice cartoon! :)

In my first game on insanity difficulty, I have to be pretty dodgy from start on. I am hardly left alone in any sector for mining or salvaging, have to grab what I can get and run. Trying to fight back gets me quickly shot to pieces.

In my opinion, this kind of tense play is also at later levels possible, if it were not for the rather simplistic shield mechanic. If they changed that, spawns closer to the galaxy core would keep being challenging. Scissor-rock-paper mechanics should make you keep on your toes. Got a shield tank? Damn, those corsairs which just warped in have shield-breaker weaponry!

I'm not trying to ruin co-op or PVE and I'm not just a builder. I tried rushing to xanion sectors last night in an iron shuttle on Normal and I'm simply not seeing how you get anything done. Do you jump sector to sector for after hour looking for a faction battle and hoping for salvaging and mining turrets strong enough to mine xanion to drop?

I'm not trying to ruin co-op or PVE and I'm not just a builder. I tried rushing to xanion sectors last night in an iron shuttle on Normal and I'm simply not seeing how you get anything done. Do you jump sector to sector for after hour looking for a faction battle and hoping for salvaging and mining turrets strong enough to mine xanion to drop?

Sell asteroids, without searching and just picking up the ones you see (assuming you're used to finding them) you can make 3-5mil easy by the time you reach xanion. Then just buy 250-300k xanion from a few system, and all setup. Obviously you don't have to do this, and for me it doesn't ruin the experience, but a little more difficulty in pursuit would be nice, since I can easily outrun and just grab asteroids with no issue with the enemies in the area.

Sandbox != Petting Zoo

To expand on my position about taking a faction hit for scavenging/war profiteering... you take a small hit... you would have to watch ~30 ships die in close proximity to drop a full standing level... Should also take a hit for scavenging a friendly ship (timer involved?)

Sandbox game it is. But currently, other than pirates, You can get to the final areas without danger.

Minecraft is a sandbox game too, but everything wants you dead there...

Sell asteroids, without searching and just picking up the ones you see (assuming you're used to finding them) you can make 3-5mil easy by the time you reach xanion. Then just buy 250-300k xanion from a few system, and all setup. Obviously you don't have to do this, and for me it doesn't ruin the experience, but a little more difficulty in pursuit would be nice, since I can easily outrun and just grab asteroids with no issue with the enemies in the area.

Ah now I see it, didn't consider buying xanion out there.

you claim a couple asteroids, take a couple pot shot at pirates, you trade war robots.. there's plenty easy money to be made. to get there in the first place you have an easily navigated gate network. when the network isn't enough, it's pretty easy to jump from one another faction territory following the hidden energy signatures. just get some easy money at the beginning, little titanium for a generator and one of the readily available jump extending cards.

Sandbox != Petting Zoo

To expand on my position about taking a faction hit for scavenging/war profiteering... you take a small hit... you would have to watch ~30 ships die in close proximity to drop a full standing level... Should also take a hit for scavenging a friendly ship (timer involved?

I understand it's not a petting zoo, but I still see your suggestion as forcing war involvement. I could live with it but I'd rather not have to and given the choice I'd rather nothing drop and the wrecks cause faction hit when salvaged over taking faction hits just for being in the immediate area and not fighting.

nobody is forced to play at insane difficulty, but so far insane is 'mildly inconvenient' - that's the whole point really.

> forcing war involvement

see there's a little difficulty slider, right as the game start, maybe you missed it. nobody is advocating against your play stile and if you fancy a relaxed experience, good for you!

you claim a couple asteroids, take a couple pot shot at pirates, you trade war robots.. there's plenty easy money to be made. to get there in the first place you have an easily navigated gate network. when the network isn't enough, it's pretty easy to jump from one another faction territory following the hidden energy signatures. just get some easy money at the beginning, little titanium for a generator and one of the readily available jump extending cards.

Yeah Triu sorted me out on that. I'll admit I'm a horrible beta tester because I don't rush in any game.

> forcing war involvement

see there's a little difficulty slider, right as the game start, maybe you missed it. nobody is advocating against your play stile and if you fancy a relaxed experience, good for you!

Difficulty of game level doesn't directly equate with forced faction warfare involvement, so calm down with the arrogance please.

Sandbox != Petting Zoo

To expand on my position about taking a faction hit for scavenging/war profiteering... you take a small hit... you would have to watch ~30 ships die in close proximity to drop a full standing level... Should also take a hit for scavenging a friendly ship (timer involved?

I understand it's not a petting zoo, but I still see your suggestion as forcing war involvement. I could live with it but I'd rather not have to and given the choice I'd rather nothing drop and the wrecks cause faction hit when salvaged over taking faction hits just for being in the immediate area and not fighting.

I'm not suggesting Forcing anything, What I am suggesting is that: Since there is a faction system, your actions should matter. If you get involved, significant bump, if you stay out, MINOR hit. You have either proved you are a friend, or shown that you don't want to be involved. (neither friend or enemy) but if you watch a ship of a "Friend" get blown out of the sky, then fly up to it in the middle of the fight and salvage that ship... that is outright disrespectful.. and you SHOULD take a faction hit for it. Salvage the Pirate ship that they just destroyed... no hit no bump.

I'm not suggesting Forcing anything, What I am suggesting is that: Since there is a faction system, your actions should matter. If you get involved, significant bump, if you stay out, MINOR hit. You have either proved you are a friend, or shown that you don't want to be involved. (neither friend or enemy) but if you watch a ship of a "Friend" get blown out of the sky, then fly up to it in the middle of the fight and salvage that ship... that is outright disrespectful.. and you SHOULD take a faction hit for it. Salvage the Pirate ship that they just destroyed... no hit no bump.

I get your point but please consider the unarmed mining ship operating in a dense asteroid field. Faction battle between 2 the ship is friendly with erupts around it. Is the ship supposed to take a faction hit with both for not getting involved?

What if it has one low tech turret and no shields and the ships fighting are all Frigates or better? Is the ship supposed to leave the mining it was doing and fight?

I get your point but please consider the unarmed mining ship operating in a dense asteroid field. Faction battle between 2 the ship is friendly with erupts around it. Is the ship supposed to take a faction hit with both for not getting involved?

What if it has one low tech turret and no shields and the ships fighting are all Frigates or better? Is the ship supposed to leave the mining it was doing and fight?

I'm not sure if you remember, but I did specifically state that if you were within 10KM... but the specifics are less critical to the intent... if there is a battle... and you don't want to take a hit or help, you get out of the way... Just like the real world... you don't just sit there and ignore it...

If mining that asteroid is more important than your faction standing... then by all means, stay focused on the asteroid.. if your standing is more important... either move out of range for 5 minutes for the fight to finish, or mine a different 'roid.

This is not game breaking, its intent is to have you accountable to your faction standings.