Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

bugs new version

gn_leugim

Hello

I've being playin last version of game and I have two things to say... well, three.

1- it is awesome! even just a demo, it lok great

(and now the issues)

2- then I select mouse sterring, most of the times I get my ship out of view, the view pans out and I cant see the ship. sometimes I can see it, but is just next to the bottom of the screen, with images overlaying (text, icons and etc)

3- There were some times I saved and exit a galaxy and then I returned all was gone and all I have left is starting drone and the remaining of the gold / iron I had last time. a bit frustating.

I'll keep posting bugs/issues I find.

Have a nice seasons :)

Well I'll post two pictures to show you that:

here is keys steering:

avorion2_zpsngydve8i.jpg

here is mouse steering:

avorion3_zpskdsj4kqk.jpg

(those are shipyard ships not my disgn XD)

Also, other bug:

avorion1_zpsxrusv3go.jpg

Solar panel is not showing properly.

Talking about solar panels, aren't they quite inefficient? I have to add a lot of them to may my ships energy sufficient. like +75% of the ship mass/blocks.

Finally about the load galaxy, can't precise the steps, but it has happened twice already. I think I started a galaxy, mined iron, built a ship, exit and when I return, I'm back to the drone with the credits/iron stocks as they were. One of the times I moved across the sectors. but the other time was in the home sector.

I'll be playing a bit more and report anything else if I see

Gn_L

• Boxelware Team
Talking about solar panels, aren't they quite inefficient? I have to add a lot of them to may my ships energy sufficient. like +75% of the ship mass/blocks.

Try making them flat.

Edit: As for the steering: Disable the text and zoom in. That should give you a similar perspective like the above image.

I leave here a video that shows the two things I've told you. First the way camera changes and how is not practical to use the Mouse steering (IMO) and secondly, the the ratio of energy required and solar panels area needed to fulfill those requirements. 

Also, I could not stop noticing how AI ships keep crashing into stations for docking. Most of the the station's health bar are at 75% to 50% already lol.

And, any ETA for full version? :)

• Boxelware Team

Thanks for making the effort. I can see the camera angle problem now; I will look into that.

secondly, the the ratio of energy required and solar panels area needed to fulfill those requirements. 

Please remember that this is the demo and the solar panels are meant to only cover your ship's energy needs when you have a lot of them. That's how they work (Even in real life, whereas the Avorion solar panels are already a lot stronger than real ones). There are ways in which solar panels can generate enough energy for your ships though, which are not necessarily physically correct but will still work ;)

In the full version you'll be able to build real energy generators and it won't be that hard to cover your ship's needs.

Also, I could not stop noticing how AI ships keep crashing into stations for docking. Most of the the station's health bar are at 75% to 50% already lol.

Yeah I'll have to make them a little smarter.

And, any ETA for full version? :)

Early Access probably around March 2016.

Now your hint made me think and god how Paper thin solar panels can do wonders, stacked on each other :P I don't think of them as solor panels, but as fusion reactor parts ;)

Well, glad to know, any further bug I found I'll say, and please, keep on teasing us :D