[MOD] Better Tradingsystem v1.1.2 (Updated 24.02.17)

iiskullsii

This is my first Mod.

Description

This Mod adds extra Information to the Routes Tab for the Tradingupgrade.

Clientsided only

Attention

This Mod will add the Routes Tab to every Upgrade Rarity, but it only works with those who are designed for that.

An "Uncommon" Trading Upgrade will show the Routes Tab, but it wont get any entries.

The Tradingoverview Window is gotten pretty Large, if your Desktop Resolution is below 1600:900 it might cause some trouble

Current Version 1.1.2

Newest Change

- Added Information about the Profit possible for the specific Route

- Added Maximum Cargo needed for the Route

Bugfixes:

- Extended Window a bit, to prevent Station Name and Amount overlapping

What it looks like ingame

The Labels are German, but its because of the Localization.

The Added Labels are all in English.

1bd99e247e6001eaf15c40ef6d27c9e1.png

Mod download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuuIz-kvChxSG1aNTQ2MHJtc0U/view

Mod Installation

Move the downloaded File to "AvorionInstallationFolder\data\scripts\systems" .

Better create a Backup of the existing File before overwrite.

Planned Changes :

- Adjust Routes sorting

At the Moment, the Routes are sorted by a single Units value, but it should sorted by the entire possible Profit

- Adjust Cheapest Sellingstation

The cheapest isnt always the best, a Station who is capable of providing a higher stock at a slightly higher Price is more valuable.

Not confirmed Features :

- Options for custom Searches

For Example, Search Routes only for specific distances, Jump distance or Sector distance

Older Versions

Version Changes

Version 1.1.2

- Added Information about the Profit possible for the specific Route

- Added Maximum Cargo needed for the Route

Bugfixes:

- Extended Window a bit, to prevent Station Name and Amount overlapping

Version 1.0.0

- Added Information about Station selling / buying Amount

Feel free to leave a Comment and of course if a problem according to this Mod appears.

Did you change the way it generates the route? By default the trading module picks based on price only. For example:

Selling > Buying

War Robots | 100:101 | cr 30,000  | Stock = 10 | > | War Robots | 100:102 | cr 105,000 | Max Stock = 10 | Stock 9 |

War Robots | 100:103 | cr 35,000  | Stock = 1000 | > | War Robots | 100:104 | cr 100,000 | Max Stock = 2000 | Stock 100 |

When the routes data is being compiled, by default it chooses the lowest price point and highest price point with no regard to profit potential. So in the example above, when compiling the data to put in the route table, it will pick the first record over the second record as the only route to display, when clearly the 2nd record is by far much better for a trade route.

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2203.0.html

I created a mod that does a better job of generating the routes data. But it is not optimal / complete, simply because I spend most of my time troubleshooting the lua logic as I'm not really much of a scripter or mathematician. But still it is better as it returns more profitable trade routes over higher profit margin trade routes that have less total value.

Thats a neat thing you found out there, definitly worth to look up, at the moment im trying to rewrite the sorting of the routes, where it as now just picks the best Route where only one unit of a specific good is taken for the Route Value.

But with my new Information about the max Profit of this Route, its has to use the max Profit instead of just one unit.

But the max Profit could be increase even further with what you've found out.

Ill take that to note, to improve that, thanks ^^

thank you very good mod

but

I also want the volume to be added to the display.

Good trading need Volume display

(Ex:

Name Volume

Steel 1

Steel Tube 3

Servo 0.25

)

(Ex up situation: 1 Steel profit 50, amount 100 vs 1 Servo profit 10 amount 400 -> my ship cargo Volume 70 is Servo victory profit)

As far as I can tell from comparing this to the original, the mod doesn't appear to add server side changes so it should work fine client side only.

Thanks for answering, its correct, it only uses Information provided for the Client, so far its just Clientsided

As far as I can tell from comparing this to the original, the mod doesn't appear to add server side changes so it should work fine client side only.

Is this client side or in multiplayer would it need to be on the server?

Thanks for the help!

As an aside, after looking at the file architecture it's obvious that any SYSTEM mod will be clientside only.  the more you know...

I have downloaded this mod once and it doesn't seem to work for me(don't see the profit info).  I tried to re-download but the link just sits there trying to load the page. Besides putting it in the system folder do i need to do anything else.  I am using an exceptional trading system module. I am also on beta. Thanks for any info

Edit. The only file that comes out of the zip is tradingoverview.lua is that right

I have downloaded this mod once and it doesn't seem to work for me(don't see the profit info).  I tried to re-download but the link just sits there trying to load the page. Besides putting it in the system folder do i need to do anything else.  I am using an exceptional trading system module. I am also on beta. Thanks for any info

Edit. The only file that comes out of the zip is tradingoverview.lua is that right

The Folder in the RAR file are just there to help to find where it goes, you have to replace the existing LUA File with the one downloaded.

The Upgrade Rarity used, is correct.

There is only one file to be replaced, also correct.

I've Tested it on the Newest Build or Version, and it should work.

i got it to work. the zip folder has the tradingoverview.lua in a folder called system not systems. when i just dragged it in it created a new folder called system. i moved it to systems folder and seems to be working. thanks again

i got it to work. the zip folder has the tradingoverview.lua in a folder called system not systems. when i just dragged it in it created a new folder called system. i moved it to systems folder and seems to be working. thanks again

Ouh, thats was a pretty dumb fail i've done, thanks for that  :-[

I've changed that ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

is it possible to print the actual cargo, which i have on my ship, in that tab which is showing what i can sell to a station?

I had the same problem, I used a column with the volumes of the goods on my own ship, and I really missed it with this mod, so I decided to add it from base trade system.

I think this can be useful to other players, so the topic's author can update his mod. ;) I tried to transfer the code from the base tradeoverview.lua as accurately as possible.

lYxEOiM.png

tradingoverview.zip

• 1 month later...

is it possible to print the actual cargo, which i have on my ship, in that tab which is showing what i can sell to a station?

I had the same problem, I used a column with the volumes of the goods on my own ship, and I really missed it with this mod, so I decided to add it from base trade system.

I think this can be useful to other players, so the topic's author can update his mod. ;) I tried to transfer the code from the base tradeoverview.lua as accurately as possible.

lYxEOiM.png

This is exactly what I came to the comments section for. Thank you for putting that together!

To OP:  I really like this mod. It's quite good, I was going to say the only thing missing is the "You" column that you could sort by what you have in your cargo hold, but the last poster already added that  xD

• 1 year later...