Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[r7565] Gate took me inside ring (single player) (Beta)

bagracer

I was working my way around the inner ring last night playing single player on beta 0.10.4.7576, and was in a area where I needed to up faction. I saw a green dot only 2 grids away and and jumped to it to see if I could find an asteroid or some pirates. When I got to it there was a jump gate there (not a wormhole, a regular pay to jump gate). I was like "how is this not connected to the last gate this close to the edge?" Went to map mode and the gate took me inside the ring on the map. Went back into my ship and tried the gate and it took me right in. There was ogdenite and breeders and all that, so was def in there. When the galaxy was generated, I was on regular live mode.... I believe two versions earlier than current beta. I just changed to beta mode when 7576 came out.

Just going to post this here since this seems to be a map generation issue, and as such would not generate a log or any of that. I'm going to just ignore the gate for now as this would be a real game breaker, if used.