Progress Of My First Big Ship Project

Hypo0008

Just bought the game a few days ago. Still getting used to the building mechanics but I'll get better and faster with time I'm sure.

I'll add in the details and re-color everything after I finish the body.

_____

A new ship I'm working on. Almost done just needs a few more details and adjustments and then on to coloring.

RbWYclS.jpg

Tv39AXT.jpg

wfPv5cF.jpg

3Hs0P3G.jpg

wrgZi7l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting technique shown in your video on shipbuilding.

What I actually do now is plan my designs (any software will do), then while building, I use the scaler function in the game, and leave it open.  I use my sketch and build the pieces in big chunks or blocks.

Cheers

;)

I have to say, this is playable, but it needs some twerking on shield and thrusters. Personally, i changed most shield generators to avorion, stripped and rebuild most of the thrusters.

Trusters are tricky, since they have odd sizes. But for people using this ship, i recommend ripping out the thrusters you can find, and add new .05 thrusters in stacks. Yes, that actually works (for the time being). Remember that you can remove and replace enough thrusters, so brake, roll and turning ability increases. Keep them in trinium for optimum performance.

Downside is, ehen you flip the ship, thrusters will gloe through the ship.

Also, and this is probably not intentional on the creators end, but gate and wormholes, are all a nono.... Even on the small version. Tried gates, smashed ship, and wormholes just flip me the middle finger while lol'ing at me.

All in all, you have here, a nice ship. Can, with the right upgrades, carre more firepower than you will ever need (i booted it to 42 armed turrets, with possibility for another 4 +5 turret chips, if you dont want shield upgrades)