Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

(DTU) Neo's Stuff

Neonin

Yeah I like coming up with colour schemes... When/if I ever get round to doing some designs that differ from these ones (going on past experience) I'll come up with some sort of company name that's behind the designs and a colour scheme that matches the corporate one. Previous entries include Terrastar (white and red), Winters Aerotech (white and dark blue), NeoTech (grey and yellow), and Advanced Vehicular Designs (white, black, and green) just because it's fun to imagine competing companies. I sometimes go completely overboard and create corproate logos for them too... Nerd alert!

I pretty much finished what has become the Endeavour-Class civilian mining carrier. Not a huge difference to the previous screenshot (turret placements are filled for illustration purposes) but it fleshes it out. There are two more small turret points on the ventral side too, all mainly aimed at PDC/PDL/AF weaponry but I suppose you could put anything you like there.

iPFq

Then I did a bit more detail work on the Mercia-Class, followed by idle curiousity wondering how the ship sizes compared so far so... Left to right: Merica-Class, Wessex-Class, Norfolk-Class (civilian variant), and Endeavour-Class.

I_rF

Do you ever make custom turret designs on your ships? I would raise the center front turret up so it can shoot over those 2 blue parts on your carrier.

Most of the time I have my custom turrets raise up on a small base.

Like this.

d3akZFh.jpg

The blue part under the turret is part of the station and not the actual turret.

I've yet to mess around with custom turrets. Last time I played I don't think it was a thing? Been a while! Same with custom fighters, I did some shapes in preparation but then when they launched I was playing other things.

Good point on the turret placement though... I may add a little extra to the superstructure of the ship to raise that bit. I am intrigued by the custom turret though... I'm liking the six barrel minigun-type idea! Very nice :)

EDIT: I like! Thanks for the idea :) Custom turrets can come later, I struggle to finish ships as it is  :o

x-h9t

LOL, 'struggle to finish ships'? :D Ship building is easy when you don't use very rounded shapes in your designs. But your turret bases do make it much better.

Also, sadly you can't make the barrels spin on a mini-gun design. XD

They're spinning in your head, that's what counts  8)

Haha yeah I struggle to finish... I can usually get to, or close to, completion of the shell but then filling it out with all the stuff that actually works tends to get left because I get distracted by another idea  :o Apart from the hangar that ship up there is nothing but framework inside  ;D

As I doubt I'll be around tomorrow, Merry Christmas to you and everyone!

Well, one cool thing about putting multiple muzzle points in a circle like that is they shoot from each of the points in a circular pattern. If only the muzzle flash effect didn't look like crap. XD It's just a single soft dot that flashes when the weapon fires. It's pretty lame looking. I don't know enough about coding games to change it, but I could draw a way better looking muzzle flash effect. ::)