[Mod]Extra Crew Workforce System Moduls {v0.7} (Updated on: 24/07/2017)

DarkPaapi

Hello Guys

This time Im here to give some extra aid for the crew.

Versio 0.7

- Fixed the problem with the gunner crew

The modul have been changed. Now its combined into One.

(It was need to be changed since I notice its swarming the itemdrops and merchants...)

Newroboticcrew.jpg

Giving random amouth of crew workforce bonus, and randomly selected Gunner or Miner.

Versio 0.41

The mod is adding 3 extra system moduls wich is:

Robotic Crew - Adding extra workforce for Mechanics and Engineers

Robotic_Crew.jpg

Automated Turret System - Adding extra workforce for Gunners

Automated_Turret_System.jpg

Advanced Mining Tools - Adding extra workforce for Miners

Advenced_Mining_Tools.jpg

Its going up to Legendary, and consume some energy for exchange.

NEED TO HAVE LEAST ONE CREW MEMBER ON THE SPECIFIC JOB TO ACTIVATE THE BONUS!

Installation:

To use it you don't need to start a new galaxy.

Important to make a Backup from the games steamapps\common\Avorion\data\scripts\lid folder!

Drop the content of the zip file into ...steamapps\common\Avorion

It will overwrite the upgradegenerator.lua file (\data\scripts\lib folder) what contains the drop/market table (i marked the added lines if someone want to use this with other mod what adding extra upgrades), and add an extra file into the systems folder.

Update:

To update simply copy the new one into the games folder, the changes will apply as soon as you reaload save.

CAUTION! Updating will case the Advanced Mining Tools and Automated Turret System Moduls go blanck so need to be discarded through Players Inventory OR if you want to keep the old moduls too (separated miners, gunners) just overwrite the roboticcrew.lua.

Uninstall:

Restore the upgradegenerator.lua from the backup, and delete the extra files from the ...Avorion\data\scripts\systems folder.

It will not brake the save, just need to discard the blank moduls from the ingame inventory.

Version History:

v0.7 - Fixed the problem with the gunner crew

v0.6 - Reworked the math, now its a bit more usefull for bigger ships

v0.1 - Test

v0.2 - Adding random amount of crew workforce, depends on drop and rarity.

v0.3 - Change in the Robotic Crew modul. Now giving slighly more Mechanics than Engineers. (As Thundercraft suggested) CAUTION IT WILL CHANGE THE ALREADY OBTAINED MODULS ON UPDATE

v0.4 - Repacked with v0.11.0 r7783 Upgradegenerator.lua. Reduced the energy cost of the moduls, AND Added a slight chance to get a modul what not requires Energy just to make the HUNT a bit more exciting ;)

v0.41 - Reduced the chance to get 0 energy modul.

v0.5 - Moduls have been combined into one to prevent them swarming the mercants and itemdrops.

Tested on v0.12.7 r8782

Uploaded on: 17/02/2017

UpDated on: 24/07/2017

Corrent Version: 0.7

Nearly Forgot:

Im NOT Claming any kinde of credit, or right for this mod. This idea is FREE TO USE by anyone without asking for permission!

System_upgrade_moduls_-_Crew_Aid_v0.7.zip

As neat as this is, not sure how useful they are. At the beginning, small ships have few system slots, making the choice of what goes in them very important. At later levels, you might have 10+ slots...but since your ship is so damn big, you might require hundreds or thousands of crew.

could it be possible to have thecode instead of the file? because i already use a mod wich modifys this script

The only part wich can conflict with other mods is in the upgradegenerator.lua (data/scripts/lib folder) if you open it with Nodpad++ or similar program and scroll down to line 36 you will see the the added lines

-- added by Crew Aid mod
UpgradeGenerator.add("data/scripts/systems/roboticcrew.lua", 1)
UpgradeGenerator.add("data/scripts/systems/automatedturretsystem.lua", 1)
UpgradeGenerator.add("data/scripts/systems/advminingtools.lua", 1)

simply just copy this part after the other Upgradegenerator.add(........) lines. And place the other 3 files in the systems folder.

• 3 weeks later...

They do take a ridiculous amount of energy. But I guess that's only fair.

I do have some observations, though. And I would like to know if others are seeing the same thing:

• Robotic Crew modules always seems to have far more Engineers than Mechanics. (And I've purchased, found, and collected many dozens of these - probably over a hundred by now.) Rarely, I'll find a Robotic Crew module with equal or nearly equal Engineers and Mechanics. But, I've never seen one with more Mechanics than Engineers. And, usually, it will have about 50% or more Engineers than Mechanics. I found it irritating because my ships always need far more Mechanics than Engineers. If the ratio of Engineers to Mechanics was reversed, I think it would be about right.
  • The "Petty"version of Robotic Crew modules seem to be equivalent to around 23 Engineers and 20 Mechanics. In contrast, the "Common" version is equivalent to between 25 of each and 60 of each. (Which is a very wide variation, to be sure.) For a "Petty" or level 1 module, I thought that it should only be equivalent to around 8 Engineers and 12 Mechanics, maybe even start around 6 : 9 (and with a proportionally lower energy cost, of course). My early ships are small. They only have 2 to 4 modules (or less than 90 k cubic meters in volume). They don't require anything close to 20 engineers or mechanics. Indeed, I usually get by with only 2 or 3 engineers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy this mod and the changes you've made.

Q: Would it be possible to widen the variance of how much crew a module supports, based on rarity?

From what I can tell, Petty and Common modules support something like 20 or 25 crew. I've seen a few Exceptional or Exotic modules support in excess of 200 (each, engineers and mechanics). Usually, though, it's less than 200.

Sometimes, I find rarer Robotic Crew modules that do not support any more crew than less valuable versions, with the only difference being that the rare version requires a bit less energy. (Though, rarely, it might actually require more energy.)

It would be more useful to see a wider variance. By that, I mean it would be nice if we could see Petty Robotic Crew modules start at around 10 crew and using proportionally less energy. And it would be awesome if we could find Exotic and Legendary versions that support in excess of 500 crew, maybe even more than 1000.

Yes, I have seen ships that require a crew that large. Indeed, such large ships seem to be becoming more common.

On the server where I play, they're buffing all enemies to have much larger ships. And players have to build larger ships just to survive. But larger ships means requiring a much larger crew. And most players are unwilling to sacrifice 3 or more module slots just for Robotic Crew modules.

"The only part wich can conflict with other mods is in the upgradegenerator.lua (data/scripts/lib folder) if you open it with Nodpad++ or similar program and scroll down to line 36 you will see the the added lines"

btw are you using hte cia malware version and do you trust that new versions are not infected?

no thanks to notepadd++

...and do you trust that new versions are not infected?

no thanks to notepadd++

If that's your only reason for not using Notepad++, then you should check out the news feed on their site. Their latest version checks the certificate validation of a certain Windows file to make sure that it has not been compromised with a fake/hack.

The way you wrote that, though, sounds like an accusation that the author of Notepad++ colluded with the agency to include a backdoor they could exploit. I doubt that is the case. At least, that's not what the Wiki/links article in question said.

Anyway, if security matters really bother you, then switching to Linux (or macOS) is probably the best thing you could do. Windows is much more vulnerable, to both agencies and malware/viruses. (I say this as someone who still uses Windows, not as a Linux fanboy.)

btw are you using hte cia malware version and do you trust that new versions are not infected?

This is why i using paid licence Antivirus programs. Of course there is planty of backdoors on the windows system, Linux is better for programing for sure, but I rather take the risk and playing than waiting years for port, and Im not doing this for living. If its bothers you I can take the notpad thing down from the description. Its realy doesnt matter.

Petty and Common modules support something like 20 or 25 crew.

If the random number what i used is 0 its just give you the base options, in the new one i added an extra factor so if the rarity going up its supports more.

Sometimes, I find rarer Robotic Crew modules that do not support any more crew than less valuable versions, with the only difference being that the rare version requires a bit less energy. (Though, rarely, it might actually require more energy.)

Tha answer is efficiency. As the rarity going up, the used energy per added bonus crew is going down. There is some exceptions, i call them unlucky finds.

And it would be awesome if we could find Exotic and Legendary versions that support in excess of 500 crew, maybe even more than 1000.

Its could be a good idea, if its balanced. Thank you.