Corvettes frigates and larger in a much larger version of the hanger

Charless

Suggestion

It is a commen thing to see in space games, massive ships often carry corvets and frigates and even smaller capital ships (if large enough) in their hangar bays. I think this would be awesome to put in the game as it would allow a super ship two store it's own personal fleet within it that could be deployed when needed. You would be able to besign these ships in a template that would restrict you to a certain size so that the ships would fit.

7 answers to this suggestion

This would definitely make sense for the higher difficulty modes, my fighters can't even really do damage to a destroyer mid game that has close to a million HP and is the size of most space stations in early game... they are just snuffed out instantly.

yeah, I personally would kick out the premade fighters out of the game and change the hangars to basically ship storage, where you can put in your own fighters/ships. to make own fighters the game would just need much smaller root blocks, to built fighters on. and simply merge the pilots and captains into one crew-type.

in terms of gameplay it would basically balance it self, because it's really expensive, in terms of crew payment and building the ships. also you have to carry all that weight around.

plus: the mass of the stored ships should be added to the carrier as well, while the ship is stored.

I think one of the dev team already mentioned, on a fighter thread somewhere I think, that they're looking at adding docking options for ships larger than fighters?

That would be good for the larger vessels but for frigates cruisers Ext having them stored inturnally would be cool and more astheically pleasing