Fighter size related stats

Wanderer

Suggestion

To start of, I don't suggest this to to make fighters viable (I saw they aren't considered a viable option), but as an idea to make them less... one thing. What I mean with that is that when you make a fighter at a fighter factory you can assign points to different stats of the fighter, one of which is the size of a fighter. What I'd like to suggest is that the stats of a fighter depend partially on the size of the fighter. This would look something like this in my idea:

- You select the fighter size you'd want.

Based on the selected fighter size, you get starting stats for the fighter. You can then spend points, based on the rarity of the turret (as it is now), improving some stats in a way proportional to the size of the fighter.

Examples of how the size would affect the stats would be:

• The damage of a fighter would be slightly higher for a larger fighter, e.g. 0.3 X damage/slot for a 2-size fighter and 0.5 X damage/slot for an 8-size fighter (not meant to be improved with points)
  • The speed of a larger fighter is higher
  • The agility of a smaller fighter is higher
  • The dodge chance of a smaller fighter is higher (not meant to be improved with points) (maybe as a modifier, not a flat-out increase so it scales with pilot level)
  • The health of larger fighters is higher

I'm not talking about big differences, something around 1.5 times as much for the largest/smallest fighter with the advantage in said area compared to the other end of the spectrum with perhaps the health being a bit more influential.

Especially combined with some of the other suggestions I saw regarding the behaviour of fighters I think this would make a really nice change to how fighters are currently made

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet