Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Is the game dead?

Seveno

Came back to this after years and I am rather saddened by what I have seen soo far... The forum itself seems to be quite dead as well...?

First thing I noticed is the cool mods like the turret customization or the bigger asteroids are completely abandoned and also gone , like u can't even download them anymore?

Second the game itself... simply runs WORSE than when I left , I am not talking about fps or graphical issues , I am talking about the "lag" which is bloody insane and infuriating in OFFLINE play some sort of input delay like bigger battles when factions attack each others the game literally craps itself ships teleport back n forth some blow up instantly others spin around and are indestructible or while they fight I was trying to use the Lab to combine some turrets.... yeah could put the turrets in but that's it u can press the button but nothing happens , then I left to get a coffee and after a few MINUTES it finally gave me the finished turret.... [the ships fighting in the background were still spinning like fidget spinners] anyways.. almost EVERYWHERE I go if there are a lot of ships the game just runs... backwards. Not only that tho even an empty sector just me and 3 alien ships and it STILL HAD that rancid delay on everything I did , they were teleporting and dying like 7 secs after their whole health already hit 0. And here I thought coming back with a far better pc will make the game more fun... but somehow it's WORSE!

What the hell is going on?! nobody is saying anything no news no nothing.

Can this laggy delay crap be fixed ? Am I missing something??

I just wanna know if this is just a dead end project... Is it even worth investing time in this game [like it's gonna improve] or just nope?

The overall silence on this game is truly depressing.

Edited by Seveno

Maybe change your tone and people might respond, be a bit more constructive and social. That being said...  

...check the Avorion discord, there's lots of activity there. I for one didn't even have an account here, but have always been on Discord.

...while there is lag and performance issues late-game, what you describe would sooner be related to hardware being old or not up-to-date. I have 100's of hours in this game, never had anything more then a few lag spikes in busy sectors/battles.

...you do realise this game is already quite some years old? Its fairly understandable games' population dies out at some point. Happens to all games.

23 hours ago, mcwrath said:

Maybe change your tone and people might respond, be a bit more constructive and social. That being said...  

...check the Avorion discord, there's lots of activity there. I for one didn't even have an account here, but have always been on Discord.

...while there is lag and performance issues late-game, what you describe would sooner be related to hardware being old or not up-to-date. I have 100's of hours in this game, never had anything more then a few lag spikes in busy sectors/battles.

...you do realise this game is already quite some years old? Its fairly understandable games' population dies out at some point. Happens to all games.

what tone bruh I asked wtf is going on and if this game is going to be continued as I see no updates around get off ur high horse , barely anyone resposnds to most new posts here lmao , I was talking about the activity of the devs not players still being around on discord , same issues on steam discussions too and the newer reviews on the game , saw some others complaining abt this on reddit too soo I'm sure I'm not the only one , the hardwere outdated is absolute bs I got this pc about a month ago and this game is literally the only one giving me problems , just cause u don't have these issues doesn't mean it's the hardware of others being shoddy.

Won't bother arguing pointless bs like this any further I just asked if it's worth waiting for any updates as I wanted to support the devs further with the dlc and such as I loved the game.

"old hardware" Ryzen 5 5600X  w/ 3070 Ti , sure as hell it ain't my pc seen others with similar setups having the same issue

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 10:20 AM, Seveno said:

what tone bruh I asked wtf is going on and if this game is going to be continued as I see no updates around get off ur high horse , barely anyone resposnds to most new posts here lmao , I was talking about the activity of the devs not players still being around on discord , same issues on steam discussions too and the newer reviews on the game , saw some others complaining abt this on reddit too soo I'm sure I'm not the only one , the hardwere outdated is absolute bs I got this pc about a month ago and this game is literally the only one giving me problems , just cause u don't have these issues doesn't mean it's the hardware of others being shoddy.

Won't bother arguing pointless bs like this any further I just asked if it's worth waiting for any updates as I wanted to support the devs further with the dlc and such as I loved the game.

"old hardware" Ryzen 5 5600X  w/ 3070 Ti , sure as hell it ain't my pc seen others with similar setups having the same issue

~100 hrs playing the game no issues or lag 

only lag spikes in big battles caused by low ram

maybe something is wrong with your hardware driver  

i5 3470 ,8gb ram, gtx960 4gb (potato)