Interceptors & Bombers [New Expansion??]

Reclusiarch

Suggestion

I have reached endgame, and lately I am getting the Bigger = Better mechanic from the game, I have capital ships so powerful I can take on entire fleets solo, at first the shield killing weapons scared me a little, but my firepower is so great that I can take down enemies before they can do damage. I was thinking of the lessons learned in WWII that spending huge resources on Battleships turned out very risky as cheaper more plentiful Fighter/Bombers can pose a serious threat especially in modern times with greater ordinance effectiveness. I think having Bombers come after you and dropping your shields in mere seconds could really bring back the rush of combat back to the game and will encourage players to diversify their fleet - with Carrier support ships and anti-fighter frigates. Really the only new issue is getting Bomber behavior correct and smooth and possible introducing AI behavior for Carriers to keep a distance and allow their Bomber and Interceptors to wreak havoc. I think this could be a very exciting addition to the game and players will creatively react with new ship designs and possible Station Carriers protecting sectors. The Bombers need to be very scary with extremely threatening damage output but introduced carefully to not discourage new players. Interceptor accuracy on Fighters and Bomber may have to be tweaked to get the right balance of effectiveness... 

Taking your big bad Super Dreadnaught into an infested sector you doing all good when all of a sudden 30 Bombers are incoming should make you reconsider your life choices....

image.png.d3bcc98d5c2cc88f4732591f1fb19b5b.png Interceptors: Basic Stats same as a Fighter but slightly less HP more speed

Automated actions: Will do this in priority, Attack Bombers, if no Bombers attack Fighters, if no Fighters attack Interceptors, lastly attack Capital Ships.

Manual actions (only 4): Attack Fighters, Attack Bombers, Attack Interceptors, & Return to Hanger

Can only be equipped with Bolters, Quasars, Cannons (something similar)

Unlocked at Xanion.

image.png.37d262fc2bebc2fcff143ae14b77da1b.png Bombers: Basic Stats same as a Fighter but slightly more HP less speed

Automated actions: Will do this in priority, attack Capital Ships, re-arm/reload.

Manual actions (only 3): Attack (to Target if Selected, Random if not), Re-arm/Reload, & Return to Hanger

Equipped with 3 different styles for tactical results. Brand New flight behavior, ignores all other enemies other than Capital, group flight formation - (no random solo suicides), will engage Capitals at very close range flybys at 5k or less. Will target highest hull Capitals or slowest Capitals 1st. Bombers drop their ordinance only once then return to Carrier for rearming.

Can only be created with 1 of the 3 styles:

Anti-Shield Torps (10k dmg to shields minimum/starting)

Anti-Systems Bombs (disables engines, power generation, crew stun? + cooldown)

Anti-Capital Missiles (15k dmg to hull minimum/starting)

Unlocked at Ogonite.

Possible new Flight Behavior for Carrier roles: maintain 30k+ distance from enemies.....

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet