Supergate Function Rework / Xsotan Research

AvorionCraft

Suggestion

Feel like this is one of the coolest lore aspects of Avorion. There's an ancients gate network that spreads across the entirety of the galaxy. But you are required to have it on every single ship in order to use it properly, or manually fiddle with fleets so that the one ship with the XSTN-I module is the last to jump to the next gate.

It would be fantastic that once you have XSTN-I, you can go to a research facility and click it into a specialized research tab and use it to grant your fleet gate codes so that all of your ships can just use them. This would dramatically alter how people play the game regarding the gates. Gates would become a major thoroughfare in regular and in pvp servers simply due to the ease of transit. At this point they're an "oh, that's neat I guess."

Additionally, that second tab could be utilized to reverse engineer all of the xsotan bonuses to some degree to offer simple but measurable bonuses to all of your ships. Not huge, but enough to make them worth actually putting effort into getting beyond the baseline requirement of using them to activate the barrier gate.

Xsotan Research: None stack---all can only be researched once.

XSTN-I: Unlock supergate travel

XSTN-II: All ships gain +2 arbitrary/+2 auto slots

XSTN-III: All ships gain +2 armed/+2 auto slots

XSTN-IV: All ships gain +2 unarmed/+2 auto slots

XSTN-V: All ships gain +10% generated energy, 10% battery recharge, +2 arbitrary/+2 auto slots, +10% shield durability, -10% recharge energy, +10% cargo hold, +10% velocity, +1 deep scan, +2 radar range.

XSTN-VI: All ships gain +1 squadron storage base (base now 2, which helps because the best fighter modules are +4, so you'd only need 2... at this point you need 3 for a full loadout regardless of rarity). Pilots still required.

XSTN-VII: +All ships gain 50% energy production, battery recharge +25%

XSTN-VIII: All ships gain +2 jump range, -15% hyperspace cooldown, -20% recharge energy

But the biggest thing is....make the gate network mean something, make it easier/simpler for players to utilize it.

Obviously you'd still need the modules to activate the barrier gates, but maybe---maybe not? *pondering*
In that regard, I'd suggest that researching would not destroy the xstn modules, only "partially reverse engineer" to gain fleetwide benefits.

Edited by AvorionCraft

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet