Coloring engine/thruster/light glow colors

Sable Phoenix

Suggestion

So... what if we want to have purple engine flares or laser guns?

Currently, the color of a weapon or exhaust (as well as the light block, not the "glow" blocks which are colorable, but the little floating light object) are determined entirely by the material from which it is made.  I'd love it if we could paint our weapons fire and engine exhaust the same way we can paint glow and hologram blocks.

8 answers to this suggestion

so easy yet.. so.. good feature it would be too :)

depends ofcourse if it would be colour modification like in block building or.. other colours tab with different colours setup gained by random drops.. (i would like the second option.. just to add some more fun in fighting ;p) well ofcourse im on "yes" on this idea..:D just depend how it would work :)

I'm kind of surprised that there aren't any comments on this.  I don't know if that means nobody else but me wants this, or what.

Seems like it'd be easy enough to add.

Certainly, I'd love to have more visual options.  It's just the current development is focused on gameplay and rebalancing things.  So that's also the focus of most people's discussion.

Understandable.  Cosmetic features are some of the last things that should be added, I just would like to know it is in fact planned.

I also do not like the idea of paint cans dropping as loot to unlock colors; it feels very MMOish and doesn't really fit a game like this, IMO, but that's a different discussion.  I would just like to have a full color palette (ideally a hex/HSB color wheel as I mentioned in another thread) to work with right from the start.

Understandable.  Cosmetic features are some of the last things that should be added, I just would like to know it is in fact planned.

I also do not like the idea of paint cans dropping as loot to unlock colors; it feels very MMOish and doesn't really fit a game like this, IMO, but that's a different discussion.  I would just like to have a full color palette (ideally a hex/HSB color wheel as I mentioned in another thread) to work with right from the start.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Yup.. the paint cans are "cute" but add nothing to the game other and a sparkly to collect.

But this is 'supposed' to be a MMO/RPG...

NOW, if those paint cans actually served a purpose beyond aesthetics... New Mission: "The AI" has sent you on a holy quest to find "Burnt Sienna" (and a shrubbery)

was actually thinking of this when trying to figure out how to make a shadow battlecrab. so +1 from me

full colour pallet not quite, but if you load your ships in creative you can save it there after painting it with the games full colour selection.

after which you can load the saved paint job back to your main game.