Mass Crew Training

TheWitherSheep

Suggestion

I've been playing this game for 2 or 3 days now and I like the game. That definetely hit the space games I like where you can build your ships, explore space and fight other npcs/players, so thank you for that game.

But last day I had bought a ship and left avorion opened over night so the ship can be built over 6 hours. I'm actually still waiting for my 2 other ships that take even longer.

So my first suggestion is that you may decrease the building time for scale max, volume max. ships a bit. I know it would be a bit OP if all these rich people on servers could build giant ships in some minutes but I think 6 or even up to 12 hours is a way too much.

Finally as I got my ship I saw that I had to click 20.000 times for my whole crew. So I would ask you if you could implement something like a "Mass Crew Training" where you can set a number of crewman that will be trained to engine crewmen for example (that's what I still need to do. 15.000 more clicks :/)

Actually I know that this isn't the right place to ask quastions about the game itself but what actually is the bar above the health bar (I think it's shields but I didn't see any shields ingame so why did you implement this bar?)?

And I wanted to ask too how to increase the signal range and hyperspace range because I haven't figured that out too and you really can't find anything in the Internet except for this site and the wiki.

Hope these are some suggestions worth to be seen  :)

5 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

First of all, thank you, I'm happy you like the game.

The crew training and the settings issue should be resolved in the latest update 0.7. You can let your crews be assigned automatically, you only have to make sure you have enough crewmen.

And I wanted to ask too how to increase the signal range and hyperspace range because I haven't figured that out too and you really can't find anything in the Internet except for this site and the wiki.

There is currently no way, but there will be in the future.

So my first suggestion is that you may decrease the building time for scale max, volume max. ships a bit. I know it would be a bit OP if all these rich people on servers could build giant ships in some minutes but I think 6 or even up to 12 hours is a way too much.

I wanted to have "realistic" building times, a big ship takes up a lot of work to be built. And you're right about the other part, it's also so people can't just build massive ships in no time in multiplayer, that would be a little "unbalanced" for servers where people might play against each other. But people can do that anyways with the building mode - so I guess that's got no point there. I'll have to think the whole thing through.

Actually I know that this isn't the right place to ask quastions about the game itself but what actually is the bar above the health bar (I think it's shields but I didn't see any shields ingame so why did you implement this bar?)?

You're right again, it's a shield bar. I'm planning to add shields soon to the game, and I'm planning that since the beginning, hence the shield bar, so I could see what the UI would look like with it.