Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

D.S.P.P. Shipbuilder Holdings Buyer's Catalog (Index on pg. 1) [Has GIFs]

DerpSuper++

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the looks and the continuity of design

Thanks. Using shit loads of templates because I'm a lazy fuck makes that task a hell of a lot easier. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[uPDATE]

Ships:

- Added new Olympus-Class Dreadnought, a ship with zero thought put into its name because every fleet needs a dreadnought to increase their e-peen size.

Badly taken screenshots:

PAuSOLO.jpg

0Vxgxmd.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I love the looks and the continuity of design

Thanks. Using shit loads of templates because I'm a lazy fuck makes that task a hell of a lot easier. :)

I think I'm going to have to steal the shit out of draw inspiration from the way you plate these with armour.  ;)

I think I'm going to have to steal the shit out of draw inspiration from the way you plate these with armour.  ;)

Steal? What? It's only called "taking" if the cops don't notice. (:<

[uPDATE]

Ships:

- Added new Advent-Class Light Cruiser to the [CRSR] category, a ship with a different style that I'm experimenting with so it will look like shit since I still need more practice with this, and for a different crazy religious fuck cultist faction that the voice in my head tells me to create, because faction set hype. Also, other reasons.

Terrible examples of photography:

oTFY3vQ.jpg

xWSY08h.jpg

R6Bng9U.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i really like your ships, great design combined with superb handling - great work

only thing i would like to see is an additional upgrade step between the pugio miner and the dabler frigate, somthing like a pugio with light shields (around 3-4k HP and 3-5k shields) - titanium/naonite mix - 4 slots - a multipurpose corvette would be great

Oh man i LOVE your ships, design (also the cultist) and most of all the descriptions. oh man i haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. I whould really like it to be in the in-game shipyard to purchase with this description attached to it  ;D

<...irrelevant alphabets...>

only thing i would like to see is an additional upgrade step between the pugio miner and the dabler frigate, somthing like a pugio with light shields (around 3-4k HP and 3-5k shields) - titanium/naonite mix - 4 slots - a multipurpose corvette would be great

Oh man i LOVE your ships, design (also the cultist) and most of all the descriptions. oh man i haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. I would really like it to be in the in-game shipyard to purchase with this description attached to it  ;D

Well, the descriptions are part of the selling point. Plus, I like being a dick and typing out stupid shit.

[uPDATE]

WOOO, THREE SHIPS. HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!

Ships:

- Added 2 new ships to the [CRIR] category and 1 new ship to the [FRGT] category. Examples of poor camera-ing included.

-Trecenti Spacecraft Carrier. If you've played Fractured Space, you'll probably know where I stole the design from got inspiration for the design from. Also, enjoy repainting the damn thing. (:<

vejGVHb.jpg

7KZ9czu.jpg

69N12xG.jpg

-Harbinger-Class "Combat Carrier" Don't let the fighters have all the fun and get in there yourself. It's blocks are about as protected as one of those iron-bikini-wearing female MMO characters though.

GSLCPCq.jpg

xjPxBgO.jpg

VAaupbZ.jpg

-Servus Mining Barge It's for poor people.

L8ilCgR.jpg

ZMX7Aei.jpg

aO6qAZv.jpg

Thank you very much for the recent design of the Servus Class Mining Barge.

I can confirm D.S.P.P Holding can deliver exactly what you ask for.

Our Corporation recently purchased three of this little buggers, field tests are still to come but first evalaluations are showing great potential as light support ships for your HAMER MLV Flagship.

We are still looking for some lost souls to test this great ships in naonite sector pirate defence/hunting

Thank you very much for the recent design of the Servus Class Mining Barge.

I can confirm D.S.P.P Holding can deliver exactly what you ask for.

Our Corporation recently purchased three of this little buggers, field tests are still to come but first evalaluations are showing great potential as light support ships for your HAMER MLV Flagship.

We are still looking for some lost souls to test this great ships in naonite sector pirate defence/hunting

Why, we are please to satisfy any and all of our customers to our fullest extent. As testament to this, there has never been a single customer alive that was dissatisfied with out products.

Please, do look back to our product descriptions and think long and hard why that last statement is so. :)

Your ship designs are awesome, their efficiency is top notch, and your descriptions always have me rolling! I hope you continue to create for a long time to come, brother!

Thanks. Efficiency is one of the criteria other than the total dominion and enslavement of the multiverse when I build ships, customer satisfaction doesn't matter as long as we make the sales quota. Also, the descriptions are part of the selling point, and probably the "brand identity" also. xD

Damn, I remembered your stuff being nice, but I hadn't checked in a while. I wanted to make a return to ship designing, but your stuff is just so disgustingly perfect that now I wanna crawl right back to my happy place you maniac! (nice job)

The whole improvement thing does take time. I kinda felt like I was in the wrong neighbourhood when I first saw Avitus' Talos dreadnought, but then it helps to tell yourself "Eh, I'll get there... eventually." Also, "meheheh, loog at deez skrubz and dere pour spehsheps, imma be de neu spahs-genghis-kaaahn-fukt-vader-fugd-stiv-jubs" Right now, I can spend anywhere from 4 hours to 3 days on a single ship, depending on the arbitrary bar and other criteria my brain decides to set because that piece of meat is an asshole but has my consciousness hostage. But in most cases, it will involve a lot of stealing inspiration from other designs, cocaine coffee, mindless, frustration induced rage patience and lack of human contact "I'm in the 'art zone', LEAVE ME ALONE WHILE I ART!!! D:<". (But personally, my weakness is creating replicas.)

Also, I wrote a post somewhere whilst cringing at the fact that I had to write something informative about tips on designing ships, then posted it to the user guides section, iirc, after Fox suggested I do that. Maybe check that out if you haven't.

Also, I wrote a post somewhere whilst cringing at the fact that I had to write something informative about tips on designing ships, then posted it to the user guides section, iirc, after Fox suggested I do that. Maybe check that out if you haven't.

bcc1a92987e490b07dfbf3de9e6b0e26_indeed-tealc-meme-generator-captionator-tealc-meme_500-372.jpeg

(click Teal'c to get there!)

Your ship designs are awesome, their efficiency is top notch, and your descriptions always have me rolling! I hope you continue to create for a long time to come, brother!

Nothing to add ...mmh, maybe besides: If a schizophrenic threatens with suicide, is that a hostage situation?!

But a Question regarding said guide: Any words about clipping blocks into each other? Seems almost like a unwritten rule NOT to mention this here so i decided to post in your topic before my own gets closed by moderator/natural desaster/evil forces...

Well there is a 25% clipping distance until other sized blocks become involved then it's just whatever works. I personally use it as much as possible for internal work as increased volume is always a good thing, as long as I balance it with enough thrusters and engines :)

Uhm, yeah, exactly, i meant more like plans for updating that in the mentioned guide, should have been more clear here...

lets not derail any further and keep discussing here? Hijacked an old topic of mine^^

Uhm, yeah, exactly, i meant more like plans for updating that in the mentioned guide, should have been more clear here...

lets not derail any further and keep discussing here? Hijacked an old topic of mine^^

Yes, we shall discuss that a little there.

Damn, I remembered your stuff being nice, but I hadn't checked in a while. I wanted to make a return to ship designing, but your stuff is just so disgustingly perfect that now I wanna crawl right back to my happy place you maniac! (nice job)

The whole improvement thing does take time. I kinda felt like I was in the wrong neighbourhood when I first saw Avitus' Talos dreadnought, but then it helps to tell yourself "Eh, I'll get there... eventually." Also, "meheheh, loog at deez skrubz and dere pour spehsheps, imma be de neu spahs-genghis-kaaahn-fukt-vader-fugd-stiv-jubs" Right now, I can spend anywhere from 4 hours to 3 days on a single ship, depending on the arbitrary bar and other criteria my brain decides to set because that piece of meat is an asshole but has my consciousness hostage. But in most cases, it will involve a lot of stealing inspiration from other designs, cocaine coffee, mindless, frustration induced rage patience and lack of human contact "I'm in the 'art zone', LEAVE ME ALONE WHILE I ART!!! D:<". (But personally, my weakness is creating replicas.)

It's kinda funny that you would redirect me towards such a link given I've practically made a YouTube version of that (well, of my own tips anyways).

No, it's just that I tend to be aesthetically impaired. I can make great ships functionally-speaking (although you somehow seem to manage to get even more oomph out of them than I do, but anyways) and they don't look like cereal boxes, borg cubes or something a 4-year-old kid would put together using 10 pieces of lego... but they sure as hell don't look that good. Then again, I don't think I ever spent more than like 8 hours on a single ship, and usually much less than that.

@Fox Indeed!

On topic: Finally had time to look closer at some of the newer ships:

- Beautiful design for the Advent Light Cruiser! Reminds me abit on that carrier ship from the game's Trailer...  8)

- Olympus-Class wtf?? :o  Seriously, this is just a breath-taking stunning thingy you made, congratulations, you won...  I love the whole series btw, could be 1:1 models from any generic Space-RTS... and better!  :-*

- uhm, not sure if intentional, but you missed 2 mirrored... dunno the english word, beams?... on the Servus:

Starboard-side with 2 supporting "Thingys" sideways:

21978321CA007CB33240CF29737C9D53CC940010

Port-side without em:

5D533778E8CAAC153D79C4DF63DCCFEC643698F0

It's kinda... <words>... Indeed!

Ahh, I see. Well, a sense of aesthetics does need to be developed with sacrificial offerings of your life force to Satan time, the trick is to stare at your subject or an image of it for hours and take in every single little detail, because I'm not sure if it's highlighted or known by the general populace, but artists have to be observant and do a lot of it, like, a LOT of it. Also, fine detailing can take up as much as half or even more of the time spent on any project and is also the biggest bitch of the whole thing, but in general, you gotta throw in the hours. My obsolete Pantheon Corp. ships are visibly less detailed since I spent much less time on them than my current ones.

Also, when it comes to the sci-fi genre, you can pull of the SOB method things like "Okay, imma just slap a whole bunch of these things here and there because they look like they can be here. I have no idea what they do, neither do the viewers, but it looks cool." They do it all the time on computer screens. Also, greebles.

<customer feedback>

Thanks. :) I've went and fixed the Servus, apparently, it wasn't PERFECTLY symmetrical so the mirroring derped out on those beams.

Funny story about the Olympus, it was intended to be a cruiser, but things got out of hand because my brain decided that it had a weird silhouette, so I added more things but that made the maneuverability drop, so I fixed that but it made it look weird again, so I added more things, but the maneuverability dropped, so I fixed that but it made itq??3@*847fhq2$#!!93h08FFFFFUUUUUuuUUUUuuUUUuuUUuuuUUcccckkkkk. And then that thing was the result.

As for the Advent, I never realized the two looked similar 'till you mentioned it. :P Though this kind of ship "pattern" and even the colour scheme is pretty generic, so can I understand how they look similar.

P.S.

I finally mustered the courage to start playing The Witcher 3, which pretty much means I knowingly destroyed my life (which was why I needed the courage) which means I'll be wasting spending less time here. Besides, it's not like they're drugs right? I CAN QUIT ANYTIME I WANT, SO SHUT UP!!!! But it's term break, so it's fine.

Anyway, this means SLOWER SHIP RELEASES. DEAL WITH IT!! D:<

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaand, I'm back. After spending time dealing with inter-dimensional elves and all that crap, massacring my stepfather's(?) soldiers and getting the internet running at my new rented apartment spending my time productively, it's time for another...

[uPDATE]

Ships:

- Added new Praetor-Class Battlecruiser to the [CRSR] category. Not a really a cruiser, but not really a battleship either. Basically a space mongrel.

xwyhf8H.jpg

rQqLgMP.jpg

IvQD6Ri.jpg

6ofEWcR.jpg

0rU4Wue.jpg

wJtIdqe.jpg

- Added new Freedman Exploration Vessel to the [DSTRYR] category. For when you are not spending enough credits.

qK1NmYJ.jpg

mXjwZHS.jpg

nNGZw0A.jpg

P.S. - I've a handful of ships in backlog, but I have some other bothersome commitments taking up my unvaluable time I'm too lazy to dump everything all at once so I'll just roll out the nicer ones first.

A little foreplay update. I'll probably be moving my ships to the workshop once it comes out of beta, so this side might get a little neglected... Because reasons.

Anyway, here's a pair of ships that I'm putting on hold from publishing until the workshop thing is out and because I'm still stuck on the naming scheme and process. This is considered a separate faction (company), in-my-head-lore wise.

6-slot, industrial, miner

ZrGwdJZ.jpg

LPXUWGo.jpg

Sr2AKDq.jpg

o3bWWE9.jpg

4-slot, industrial, miner

S6YSjq2.jpg

rmz5lnG.jpg

50drChE.jpg

ePPwa7U.jpg

Size comparison

qNm0OR4.jpg

Also, I haven't forgotten the design style for the Advent and Harbinger ships, for those who care, they're just bloody tedious for me to work around so I find other excuses to not build them, like creating a whole new faction expect for progress on those to be abysmally slow.

Can you add this ships to Steam Workshop?

I'm playing on the stable releases, which means non-beta, so I won't be able to post things onto the workshop until the stable update comes out.

However, if one of those scenarios that ran in my head in an attempt to explain why you asked this is correct, then you might have missed the dropbox links that I've put up on the forums for people to acquire the ships.

Just go here and keep looking ---> http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1946.msg18182.html#msg18182

So, I couldn't wait and got the beta just to upload stuff into the workshop. Welp, that's about it. Also, the thumbnails don't seem to be doing my ships justice, they've for some reason failed to render the shaders in most images and the ships look "flat", without any shading to define their form.

Like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951711091

P.S. If anyone knows how to change thumbnails on the steam workshop, do please let me know. This is literally my second time uploading stuff and my foray into the realms of God Emperor Google have not proved very fruitful.

[uPDATE]

- Uploaded several ships onto the Steam Workshop, though pages are still under construction.