Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Mod][Tweak] Unique Xsotan Keys {v2.1} (Updated on: 10/04/2017)

DarkPaapi

Hello Guys

I made a little modification on the Xsotan Keys for my self, and i thought i share it with you. Maybe someone is intrested.

What is this Mod/Tweak doing:

Changeing the properties of the Xsotan Key systems, make them more unique.

v21xsotankey.jpg

Versio 2.1

- More balancing, and fixing the Shiled Charge rate issue with key 6.

- Reworked and streamlined my math in the files so now its more understandable.

(Huge thanks again for the guys on Rusty's Galaxy Server http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,798.0.html)

Versio 2.0

Rebalance and implement a difference even with same moduls.

Thanks to Devious, EliteFerrex, Ryugi and the rest of the Residents on Rusty's Galaxy Server, This update brings a bit balance in this mod. Plus since we can have multiples from each modul its nice to see a bit difference between them I think

Teleporter Key 1 (Haatii) : All Turrets +5 (this is the original boost), Jump Range +10 - 15, HS Recharge Energy -15 - 20%

Teleporter Key 2 (Research Station): All Turrets +5, Radar Range +6-8, Deep Scan Range +5-7, Scanner Range +130 - 140%

Teleporter Key 3 (Boss Swoks): All Turrets +6 - 7

Teleporter Key 4 (Traveling Merchant): All Turrets +5, Cargo Hold +30 - 45%

Teleporter Key 5 (The 4): All Turrets +6 - 8, Shield Durability +70 - 90%

Teleporter Key 6 (AI): All Turrets +8 - 11 , Shield Recharge Rate +35 - 50%

Teleporter Key 7 (Mad Scientist): All Turrets +5, Generated Energy +70 - 80%, Recharge Rate +40 - 50%

Teleporter Key 8 (Smuggler): All Turrets +5, Hyperspace Cooldown -40 - 50%

Versio 1.1

Teleporter Key 1 (Haatii) : All Turrets +5 (this is the original boost), Jump Range +10

Teleporter Key 2 (Research Station): All Turrets +5, Generated Energy +80%, Recharge Rate +50%

Teleporter Key 3 (Boss Swoks): All Turrets +7

Teleporter Key 4 (Traveling Merchant): All Turrets +5, Jump Range +5, Hyperspace Cooldown -20%

Teleporter Key 5 (The 4): All Turrets +7, Shield Durability +80%, Shield Recharge Rate +40%

Teleporter Key 6 (AI): All Turrets +10

Teleporter Key 7 (Mad Scientist): All Turrets +5, Radar Range +7, Deep Scan Range +7, Scanner Range +130%

Teleporter Key 8 (Smuggler): All Turrets +5, Hyperspace Cooldown -50%

Installation:

To use it you don't need to start a new galaxy.

Important to make a Backup from the games steamapps\common\Avorion\data\scripts\systems folder!

Drop the content of the zip file into ...steamapps\common\Avorion

It will overwrite the telepolterkey 1 to 8 .lua files, nothing else.

Uninstall:

Restore the files from the backup.

For multiplayer use Server and Client need to have the same files.

To Update simply copy the new one into the games folder, the changes will apply as soon as you reaload save.

Tested on v0.11.0 r7783

Uploaded on: 14/02/2017

Last updated: 10/04/2017

If you have any objection to change the stats just drop it in the comments.

Nearly Forgot:

Im NOT Claming any kinde of credits, or right for this mod. This idea is FREE TO USE by anyone without asking for permission!

Unique_Xsotan_Teleport_Keys_v2.0.zip

Unique_Xsotan_Teleport_Keys_v2.1.zip

Jus realized key 4 and 8 reducing the time to recharge the jumpdrive, but using far more energy since I didn't modify the amount of energy what it consuming. Basically taking the same in less time, and it's making an energy using peak, so the batteries will sucked dry as soon as you warping into another sector.... Think I leave it, its a nice tradeoff :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice idea, however I personally think they need to be tuned down a bit to balance them.

The Xsotan artefacts are already a bit op at +5 all turrets 0 energy cost, considering a standard legendary All turrets gives you +5 at a cost of 0.8-0.75GW they are already better and in many ways easier to get hold of.

I'd say keep the turrests to All +5 and one only one other bonus at blue or green level.

ie

Teleporter Key 1 (Haatii) : All Turrets +5, Jump Range +5

Teleporter Key 2 (Research Station): All Turrets +5, deep scan +4

Yes Pob they a little bit OP since I gave Legendary or Rare grade stats as an extra. But the game it self is unfair in a way because you can get multiples from one key. It just helps a bit in a way to not jump in and out of the inventory and look for a specific modul in the junk what you looted in the last encounter. But you are right, should be nerfed a bit.

Suggestion: Perhaps you should have more than one key (Teleporter Key 8) give a bonus to Hyperspace Cooldown? Perhaps Teleporter Key 1 should add this, too, instead of HS Recharge Energy? After all, a player can add some Hyperspace Core blocks to their ship to both increase jump range and reduce HS Recharge Energy. We can also add more Power Generators to provide more energy for HS recharging. But adding certain modules are the only way to reduce the Hyperspace Cooldown, so that should be more useful.

Nice idea, however I personally think they need to be tuned down a bit to balance them.

The Xsotan artefacts are already a bit op at +5 all turrets 0 energy cost, considering a standard legendary All turrets gives you +5 at a cost of 0.8-0.75GW they are already better and in many ways easier to get hold of...

Maybe if you compare them with standard legendary modules. But these are alien artifacts, after all. If they were not significantly better than standard legendary modules, then most players would be disappointed and would not bother with this mod.

I think DarkPaapi should be praised for giving players an incentive to actually use these artifacts rather than vanilla legendary modules. I'm assuming that it's only a matter of time before koonschi balances the keys by making them better.

As for the amount of energy these require: By the time the player is ready to take on the game's bosses, they're forced to build big, beefy ships with lots of shields. And such big ships must generate a lot of energy just to function. And by a lot, I mean the game is going to measure it in TerraWatts, not GigaWatts.

If a ship's energy is measured in TerraWatts, then the difference between a module that consumes 0.8 GigaWatts and one which consumes no energy is downright trivial. At a mere 0.8 GW each, not even a dozen or more modules would add up to much.

TBH Thundercraft got it right...

There is literally no incentive to use these modules in place of other modules without this mod...

Its brilliant.

It tweaks the capabilities of the ships you are using just the right amount.

One question though... 

One of the modules adds +% to shield recharge? meaning it takes longer?

One of the modules adds +% to shield recharge? meaning it takes longer?

It's an extra for recharging amount, so the shield is coming back up faster if it's not have been hit for a certain time. But it will be nerfed since its quiet a lot what is giving right now.

Edit: I will change the description too since its confusing. Thanks Wilponderoci.