BetterTransfer : UI upgrade & Transfer cargo/crew/fighters - v1.12 (07 mar 2017)

Salminar

Yeah i'm pleased it works fine for you now, but i want definatly to keep track of this issue.

Actually there is not much you can manage on squads, i can't even have their name in my scripts, having to call them squad 1 ... I hope it will be possible later.

So how the script works, it initialize a window with the 6 squads i actually handle (I'll make a dynamic version later) and paint their names and then the 12 small icons for each fighter in each squad.

When the script is called then to show the window, it hide or show each element, based on if they represent something or not. And most UI mods works like this so far. So to keep track of each of them they are stored in tables, one for the player ship part, one for the other ship.

The error seem to tell there is an index error on this table in your case, and that's really what i don't understand at all, cause the numer of element is fixed. You have 6x12 icons for each side tab and the script handle only 6 squads of 12 fighters.

So it's pretty easy to know what index is for what fighter and that's exactly what i make.

index = squad number*12 + fighter number + 1

So i wonder why this happen, even if it was an overflow, the only possible error would be the +1 in the end and would happen only if you have all 6 squads full, what is not the case. And even if you have a squad not being the 6th with more than 12 fighters, it would simply overlap with the following squad, making a bug that wouldn't even be noticeable.

So 'im really clueless here.

PS: Ok i just wanted to check it, cause when i was writting ... I said "Hey and what if there are too many squads" and i got the bug. So you had probaly more than 7 squads created and that's what make the thing bug as it can't handle more than that actually.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I must be missing something simple.  I placed the .lua file in the indicated directory.  This file is present for both server (running under linux) and my windows client.  This was working on a friends server, so I think my client is set up correctly. When I connect to my dedicated LAN server I get only the default transfer UI options in game.  I have tried both versions of the script. 

The only other mod installed is MineCorp 1.4

What have I missed?

It needs to replace the 'transfercrewgoods.lua' file, so you can check if it did.

On the server side, either just restart the server, or otherwise make sure that the ships you're testing it with have been reloaded.

Thank you for the great mod.

I found an issue (I suppose). Its non-critical but messes with the interface. This happens when you try to give more crew than the ship can take.

limit_line_length_bug.jpg

Also, can you make an inputs a bit wider please (convenient version)? For now it can show only one digit, which is a bit confusing sometimes.

expand_input_request.jpg

Lol if you can give more details on the first bug.

Sure, make a ship that need 40 mechanics for example. Fill it with crew. Then make a small ship that need 5 mechanics. And give it more than a 5 mechanics. Yes, this is a very small bug, I have a natural talent of finding those XD

I'll tweak the convenient to allow 2 digits if possible in the next version.

In the previous version of the mod (by Laserzwei) I see that we can input up to 3 digits. I understand, that icons of crew members took some place and line shouldn't be too short.

• 7 months later...