Cannot have more then one galaxy?

Phoenixstar117

So this is a bug I noticed while trying to switch to a different galaxy.

So I made a new galaxy, did some stuff, everything was great and then quit. Today I created a new world for my youtube channel and loaded it up, recorded a great video, got off. Then a few hours later (or now) I tried to play the other world, the non youtube one and it loaded up but it was the youtube one? What?

So at first I thought I may have clicked the wrong one and loaded it but I checked a few times and both have seemed to be converted to the same galaxy, same ship, same sector, same save. Its almost like the youtube save over writ the other save.

Have you experienced this before or is it just me?

• Boxelware Team

This has never happened to me before. The savegames are in separate folders and this folder cannot be changed at runtime, so gameplay merging should be impossible (except if you manually copy the files into each other).

Is it possible that there was still a server running in the background? If there was then the game may have tried to start up a new server, failed because there already was one running, and then connected to the one that was already there. For the user it would have looked exactly like you described, as if the two savegames would have been merged somehow. A reboot should solve this, or log into the server and type /stop in the chat window.

Edit: You could also just kill the server via the task manager, but that may lead to data loss or corrupted savegames.

This has never happened to me before. The savegames are in separate folders and this folder cannot be changed at runtime, so gameplay merging should be impossible (except if you manually copy the files into each other).

Is it possible that there was still a server running in the background? If there was then the game may have tried to start up a new server, failed because there already was one running, and then connected to the one that was already there. For the user it would have looked exactly like you described, as if the two savegames would have been merged somehow. A reboot should solve this, or log into the server and type /stop in the chat window.

Edit: You could also just kill the server via the task manager, but that may lead to data loss or corrupted savegames.

Yea that was probably it. I have noticed the server staying on even after the game shuts down.